• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ECFC V FGR Matchday thread

Exehausted

After today's performance the only person who should be worried that he is on his way is Archie.................. to Torquay. He was bloody awful today with a performance that would be enough to put any potential suitor off.
Yes he was awful, but why? It looked to me like he was saving himself from getting hurt. One bad game doesn't make a bad player and I really hope that's all it was. He would be a big miss in my opinion.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Quick point about Cheick, can someone remind him that winning the physical battle is important but just remember there is a ball you should be aware of as well.
Cheick was just taking advantage of the refs leniency. You could have chopped someone's head off today and he wouldn't have given a free kick!

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just a word for the main two positives today…the classy Jevani Brown and Joe White who looked a cut above on that showing.

Grecianpasty

It goes to show how important Archie is to our overall play. His impact, whether good or bad, has almost always strongly impacted the teams performance.

arthur

Everyone seems to be in agreement so there's not a lot to say

A draw was all we deserved

Key is not a number 10 and must never play there again

Archie almost never has a bad game; today he did

Apart from.the back 3 passing to eacother, far too many of our passes went astray. The manager can't be held responsible for this, but he can for the ponderous, safety first style against a side as poor as FGR

Joe White MotM

PeteUSA

I know that Blackman is a generally good keeper for us, but I really thought he could have done a bit more with their goal. Their player got almost to the byline before he hit that cross, which in my opinion Blackman should have gone outwards off his line for. The ball was only going in one place, and he should have covered it. Standing there looking baffled wasnt really the answer.

grecIAN Harris

Cheick was just taking advantage of the refs leniency. You could have chopped someone's head off today and he wouldn't have given a free kick!
He's been at it for weeks.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Stanno puts in a shift every match but I can't remember the last time he scored or indeed looked like doing so.
I’m glad someone has said this.

You cannot fault the lad for his effort, or his desire and want to succeed. Sadly, I expected more from Jay. There is no end product at all. He is by far best used to stretch a game from the bench in the last 20 minutes or so. Should not start ahead of either Sam or Jev

Jevani is so, so, important.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
One other thing to add, Sweeney is a proper captain. Gave Sparkes and Hartridge a bollocking and then made it clear to them what they ought to have done. Love to see this from a senior pro, pity he didn't dish it out to those in midfield who should have bossed it against the worst team in the division.

manc grecian

I’m glad someone has said this.

You cannot fault the lad for his effort, or his desire and want to succeed. Sadly, I expected more from Jay. There is no end product at all. He is by far best used to stretch a game from the bench in the last 20 minutes or so. Should not start ahead of either Sam or Jev

Jevani is so, so, important.
Whilst I agree I think it should be mentioned that we've played the last 3 or 4 home games and hardly bothered attacking for the first hour.