• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ECFC Transfers, in/outs Summer of 2018

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think you are too easily pleased. All decent with good experience, but all three are freebies having been released by their previous club.
We need to splash some cash and get a top quality player or two in...like we did with Stockley.
Martin is 29, Law 30 and Forte nearly 32.....hardly spring chickens. Close but no cigar so far.
Hopefully we can integrate 2-3 players from the youth teams to give a balance to the average age of the team.
But I wouldn't say 29-32 years of age is concerning : players look after themselves better than they used to, they theoretically have access to better medical/ fitness facilities, and they sometimes don't play the full 90 minutes. I'd say 30 today compares with 28 of 10 years ago.

grecIAN Harris

I think you are too easily pleased. All decent with good experience, but all three are freebies having been released by their previous club.
We need to splash some cash and get a top quality player or two in...like we did with Stockley.
Martin is 29, Law 30 and Forte nearly 32.....hardly spring chickens. Close but no cigar so far.
And you're living in a dream world if you think there really is that much cash to splash. Yes, we've had transfer fees come in but how long off is the next one. It's the only way major money is coming in because nobody is going to invest any as maybe a normal owner would. Other than that it's a case of living off of normal week to week turn over. Therefore the manager has to budget for the mid and long term as well as the short.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
A Tommy Doc type player ?
No. Don't be fooled by the skinhead and tatoos. He's about as hard as Ryan Harley! A good passer and decent experience with a good level of fitness and lack of injury history. He should be a good addition.

Topsham Boy

And you're living in a dream world if you think there really is that much cash to splash. Yes, we've had transfer fees come in but how long off is the next one. It's the only way major money is coming in because nobody is going to invest any as maybe a normal owner would. Other than that it's a case of living off of normal week to week turn over. Therefore the manager has to budget for the mid and long term as well as the short.
Of course we have to budget, but we have sold Nichols, Wheeler,Watkins, Ampadu, Storey,Reid...some with potential decent add ons. Must be some to invest in the squad.
Also younger quality freebies like Boateng was last season....would be welcome too.

budegrecian

No. Don't be fooled by the skinhead and tatoos. He's about as hard as Ryan Harley! A good passer and decent experience with a good level of fitness and lack of injury history. He should be a good addition.
Thanks for that. It will be interesting to see how our midfield lines up.

Temporarily Exiled

If it's possible to get freebies like Boating, is it really worth spending money on a transfer fee? We still have to pay a decent wage on top of that – we're better off perhaps bumping up the wage a bit for those really good-level free transfer targets.

scottus86

Is James on his way out? Didn't see him on the return to training video/photos

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Would love him to go to MK

Colesman Ballz

Would love him to go to MK
Guaranteed six points for us ! :)

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
That was my first thought but also didn't see Jake Taylor so suspect it's just a case of the camera not picking them up.

I'm most curious at the player between Jay and Moxey at 0:19 on the video:
[video=youtube;YlcgnEJ_gbA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlcgnEJ_gbA&t=0s[/video]

No number on his training gear and I can't pin his face to one of our players. Perhaps a trialist?