• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ECFC Transfers, in/outs Summer of 2018

Well-known Exeweb poster
What's the crack with Liam then?? Sorry to see him go :-(
itt's a shame , but he really didnt make the most of his chances, he had enuf starts and came of the bench enuf , but bottom line a forward UNFORTUNATELY will be judged by his goals and he just didnt score enuf , shame i really thought he was gonna make it.

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
wondering will mk still be getting 'parachute' money from the championship ?
Wasn't aware that championship teams get parachute payments. Thought it was only relegated premiership clubs?

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wasn't aware that championship teams get parachute payments. Thought it was only relegated premiership clubs?
pretty sure it's increased since this article https://www.efl.com/news/2015/november/league-increases-parachute-payments-to-relegated-clubs/

Stelios

If Tis had anything about him he'd pay us £2million for Matt Jay.

Good ol' Bally did us a massive favour when he got Man City to pay £500,000 for Martin Phillips (at a time when £500k was a hell of a lot of money for a player............)

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Wasn't aware of that.

That article however does say that championship clubs get money for one season so unless it's changed likely they won't be getting a championship payment but it suggests they would get a league one relegation payment.

Well-known Exeweb poster
If Tis had anything about him he'd pay us £2million for Matt Jay.

Good ol' Bally did us a massive favour when he got Man City to pay £500,000 for Martin Phillips (at a time when £500k was a hell of a lot of money for a player............)
and for the first 2 ish seasons phillips was an absolute star, him and rosler kicked arse,

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
and for the first 2 ish seasons phillips was an absolute star, him and rosler kicked arse,
He only started 4 league games for Man City (facepalm)

Well-known Exeweb poster
He only started 4 league games for Man City (facepalm)
that really surprises me i know after bally left , when royal was taken on ?? yrs later he was horrified at how huge and poorly managed city's squad was and how many players were drifting in the reserves and worse and v v much forgotten about, buster was one of those ,and he never really recovered from it but i do remember buster putting some great shows on match of the day and there was paper/tv talk of a possible england call, such a shame att an impressive talent wasted .

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
According to a PNE fan on the Football Forum they’re looking at Jordan Storey.

It’s also on their own forum and apparently the person who posted about it is usually reliable.

Hopefully it’s just internet rumour with no basis but I guess he may have caught the eye in the play off final. Personally, I really hope we hang on to him as his value could be doubled in year’s time.

iscalad

E&E reckon we are looking at Cody Cooke from Truro.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=87338 :D