• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

E&E defines City fans

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
No ladies follow City or the Chiefs or do they all dress as men in the E&E world?
To be fair Hants, when you see some of the "female" Thiefs' fans it is hard to tell the difference ;)

IndoMike

And your average Devon Live "reporter is a spotty 18 year old unpaid intern who spends most of the day cribbing #FAKE NEWS from the internet....
...and can't even spell straightforward words like PROFESSION correctly.

Oh for the day when at least a basic level of literacy was required to work in local media. :(
Not good, is it? Don't they employ proofreaders?

LOG

Dave Gorman did a great bit on the Yougov profiling on his show a while back.
Yes, i saw that (y) I was one of those people who assumed that as Gov was in the name it was some sort of official body that collected data in a slightly less haphazard way.

WXF

of course that makes perfect sense with our labour council and mp.
Also seems at odds with when we've previously looked at Exewebber's voting preferences: http://www.exeweb.com/forums/showthread.php?38934-Exeweb-Poll/page47

Last edited:

tavyred

of course that makes perfect sense with our labour council and mp.
Voting Labour is the new 'right wing' as regards using intemperate language and aggressive attitudes. I flagged up some obvious anti-English racism on here a few weeks back, as far as I`m aware it still remains. Perhaps that's what Devon Live is getting at.

contrabombarde

Anyone noticed that the City fan seems to have his **** hanging out? I would have thought that sums this piece of literary art perfectly :D

godisagrecian

Can't believe people still read anything that rag says. What a crock of s***e

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Kirstie Allsop: Yay or Nay?

LOG

Anyone noticed that the City fan seems to have his **** hanging out? I would have thought that sums this piece of literary art perfectly :D
I have now you've pointed it out! :D

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not good, is it? Don't they employ proofreaders?
I've worked in journalism for 20-plus years. Sadly, it's at least a decade since I've worked with a proof reader.

Up until five or six years ago, journos would at least have read each other's copy before it appeared in print, but now it seems that even that is regarded as a luxury.

Sadly, these days the people who hold the purse strings are far less concerned with the quality of the stories than the quantity. :-(