• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Did you come to Exeter ...

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Of course well done to those that do come but that does not disguise the fact that the last two teams to visit have brought pathetic followings.
There seems to be a general decline in away followings across the board...Some Premiership teams do not take that many,not surprising given the prices some of them have to pay for the privilege..

Sometimes does it really matter(on the pitch)....The Grecians took a impressive 800 odd to The Bescot & got the same result at 4.50pm....

Gin Trap

Just 161 today from Walsall.
i think Walsall`s away support is very poor in general, i think they brought abit more last year thatn they did yesterday though.

LOG

i think Walsall`s away support is very poor in general, i think they brought abit more last year thatn they did yesterday though.
Their home support isn't much better. Obviously there's a lot of competition for support where they're based, but at the game at their place there were barely any home fans sat our side of the half way line.

Alistair20000

Their home support isn't much better. Obviously there's a lot of competition for support where they're based, but at the game at their place there were barely any home fans sat our side of the half way line.
3,776 for their home game against us. Must be tough for teams like them with all the competition.

Oldsmobile-88

3,776 for their home game against us. Must be tough for teams like them with all the competition.
Indeed...but they have the advantage of a great location in the middle of the country & with all of those top teams near them a good choice of players who do not make it at those clubs...Swings & roundabouts i suppose...

A377 Lad

I think Walsall highest away attendance was just over 400 last year, apparently they used to take loads everywhere when they won L2 a couple of years back, avergaed around 1k, the club just doesn't have a feel good factor around it at the moment.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
And that was with 800-odd away fans too.

I remember at the start of last season on TFF the Walsall fans were complaining about having no local games, and all the travelling they'd have to do. It was ever-so-politely pointed out to them that they were still, by a very comfortable margin, 24th in L1 in the distance travelled stakes.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just 161 today from Walsall.
got a feeling there will be a few more than 161 for our next home game

Chui

I think Walsall have something of a civil war at the moment between their board and the fans. Judging their away support on the last 2 seasons would be like judging ours in 2002/03.

Mind you, the occasional whinging on TFF from Midlands clubs is quite amusing when you consider the distances we and Carlisle have to put in normally. This must be the first time since de-regionalisation that we've had 6 clubs within 120 miles of us in the same league.

Gin Trap

got a feeling there will be a few more than 161 for our next home game
Yes. I'd be very surprised if Southampton didn't sell out, anyone know weather they have or not?