• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Did you come to Exeter ...

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
I thought Southampton pretty much sold out last season but was when our capacity was reduced post-Leeds?
They must have sold out as there were several in the Big Bank.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
They must have sold out as there were several in the Big Bank.
That's as maybe - I think it was also all-ticket for away fans but POTG in the home ends? I remember Saints fans kicking up a stink about their allocation and ticket sales, and some stating they'd have to chance it in the home ends as a result.

Cravat 2

I expect Bournemouth to bring a good number if they are still flying high. Just a shame that is a Tuesday night, as well.

Oldsmobile-88

I thought Southampton pretty much sold out last season but was when our capacity was reduced post-Leeds?
It was reduced to 900,hence Saints fans in the Flybe,having purchased online...The capacity was raised again(after a inquest) & extra tickets released in the week before the game..

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cant believe I was the only one who was disappointed with yesterdays away attendance?

111 just seemed so poor ...

TOP_CITY_FAN

Cant believe I was the only one who was disappointed with yesterdays away attendance?

Yet, they still made more noise than ourselves...

Oldsmobile-88

Yep....Surprising for a Saturday......Away support has been down this season at SJP,but that hopefully will be the nadir.....(even Tranmere on a Tuesday)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Just 161 today from Walsall.

Oldsmobile-88

Just 161 today from Walsall.
What i cannot understand,is why do we still need a load of Policemen outside ths SJ Rd end.I saw at least 6 & it was the same for the MK game...You do not need to be physic to know that those 2 games are nOt going to be well attended by travelling fans..A waste of Police resorces & unnecessary expense for the football club....

Anyway,well done to the fans who did travel..

Last edited:

Phil Sayers

Anyway,well done to the fans who did travel..
Of course well done to those that do come but that does not disguise the fact that the last two teams to visit have brought pathetic followings. I don't make as many aways as I should (distance and skintness to blame) so there is a strong element of pot, kettle black here but even so they have been woeful.

We know Franchise aren't even really a club and their plastic support will need many more years before an away 'culture' develops but Walsall are just a few hours down the motorway! Sh*t season is no excuse for come in a taxi numbers.