• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Devon Bowl/St Luke's Cup 2018/19

Exehausted

I had a clear view of the Tow red card. Will Dean got ahead of a Town player and proceeded to Shepherd it out for a throw. The Town player then lost his head and hacked down Dean. The player was already on a yellow and hot his marching orders via a second yellow.
Thanks for that Martin, I couldn't see it.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Andy Holloway

Apparently it was a close decision for TV, but in the end Man Utd v Barcelona just edged it out!!!

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
I had a clear view of the Tow red card. Will Dean got ahead of a Town player and proceeded to Shepherd it out for a throw. The Town player then lost his head and hacked down Dean. The player was already on a yellow and hot his marching orders via a second yellow.
This is why I love and hate games against local opposition in equal measure. I love it because it forges links with the wider community and gives something to the local crowd plus it gives ‘lesser’ players the chance to pit themselves against professional opposition.

But I also hate because there’s always at least one meathead knuckle dragging clogger who thinks he has a point to prove and wants to show the prima donnas a thing or two and bring them down a peg or two. For that alone I hope when the friendlies are announced we say f*** you to Exmouth, we’ll go somewhere where we’re appreciated not where your thugs think they’re there to teach us a lesson.

Such a shame.

mustangspeed2006

This is why I love and hate games against local opposition in equal measure. I love it because it forges links with the wider community and gives something to the local crowd plus it gives ‘lesser’ players the chance to pit themselves against professional opposition.

But I also hate because there’s always at least one meathead knuckle dragging clogger who thinks he has a point to prove and wants to show the prima donnas a thing or two and bring them down a peg or two. For that alone I hope when the friendlies are announced we say f*** you to Exmouth, we’ll go somewhere where we’re appreciated not where your thugs think they’re there to teach us a lesson.

Such a shame.
Agreed, a real shame.

I remember we did a pre-season tour of Cornwall about ten years ago and some local clogger numpty broke one of our aspiring youngster's leg. I can't remember the injured player's name, but I don't think he played professionally again.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Agreed, a real shame.

I remember we did a pre-season tour of Cornwall about ten years ago and some local clogger numpty broke one of our aspiring youngster's leg. I can't remember the injured player's name, but I don't think he played professionally again.
It was a game against Crediton.

mustangspeed2006

It was a game against Crediton.
Good memory!

A quick Google reveals the player was James Berry.

Antony Moxey

Agreed, a real shame.

Yes, James Berry at Crediton. I still remember the crack now when that c*** clattered him breaking his leg. Horrible to see, horrible to hear, I genuinely hope that Crediton player’s s*** life got a whole lot s***er after that.

Also the Cornish tour included a game at Bodmin. A more disrespectful, neanderthal, low forehead joke of a club it’s hard to imagine. Chalk and cheese compared to (I think) St Blazey who we played the night before who couldn’t have been more friendly or welcoming.

Last edited:

andrew p long

What was the formation? 3-5-2 with Key and Sparkes wide and Randall up front alongside Seymour?

Temporarily Exiled

How's Felix Norman between the sticks? Seems a little odd to me that the academy has produced a fair number of good players, but Pym is the only decent keeper to come out of the academy in at least twenty years (maybe that's being unfair on Martin Rice?).

Last edited: