• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Destinations: 5 to choose

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Love Northern Spain. Not so keen on the South although Seville is a beautiful city.
We were going tour northern Spain this summer, but just couldn’t get the right dates/cabin availability on the Plymouth to Santander ferry with the plan being to drive around the north coast then back up through France to the Roscoff to Plymouth ferry. Instead we’re touring the Nantes/Angers/La Rochelle region then arriving back just in time to head off to Beautiful Days.

It’ll give the old girl a bit of a run out (although I expect the van will be fine!! Haha!!).

Oldsmobile-88

Spain. Don’t think I could stand three weeks of Scottish weather and the others are too far away.
Yep..I have enjoyed crazy balmy hot calm weather in April in the West Highlands & In July a damp week..Love the place wet or dry though..

Alistair20000

The thought of the miserable pasty faced kilted ones puts me off Scotland. Also cannot stand the way the Scotch women start every sentence with Eeeeeemmmm

IndoMike

We were going tour northern Spain this summer, but just couldn’t get the right dates/cabin availability on the Plymouth to Santander ferry with the plan being to drive around the north coast then back up through France to the Roscoff to Plymouth ferry. Instead we’re touring the Nantes/Angers/La Rochelle region then arriving back just in time to head off to Beautiful Days.

It’ll give the old girl a bit of a run out (although I expect the van will be fine!! Haha!!).
i did the Plymouth to Santander run a couple of times. You probably know the Bay of Biscay can get extremely rough. First time I did it I was sick as a parrot. Learned my lesson and next time I rook sea sickness tablets. which worked a treat. Santander and surrounding area is beautiful, as is Galicia, from which you can drive down to Oporto in a day.

Alistair20000

i did the Plymouth to Santander run a couple of times. You probably know the Bay of Biscay can get extremely rough. First time I did it I was sick as a parrot. Learned my lesson and next time I rook sea sickness tablets. which worked a treat. Santander and surrounding area is beautiful, as is Galicia, from which you can drive down to Oporto in a day.
Having Brittany Ferries plucking my wallet for nearly 24 hours would make me sicker than the rough seas. :)

BTW Indo: how is the tooth ?

IndoMike

The thought of the miserable pasty faced kilted ones puts me off Scotland. Also cannot stand the way the Scotch women start every sentence with Eeeeeemmmm
If you go directly to the Cairngorms and then to the North you'll hardly meet any people so you should be OK. Lots of rabbits, though. Millions

IndoMike

Having Brittany Ferries plucking my wallet for nearly 24 hours would make me sicker than the rough seas. :)

BTW Indo: how is the tooth ?
The tooth is behaving very well. As I mentioned, antibiotics and the swilling of salty water did the trick. i saved loadsa money and possibly my life. Thanks for asking..

Alistair20000

If you go directly to the Cairngorms and then to the North you'll hardly meet any people so you should be OK. Lots of rabbits, though. Millions
Is this a bit like the sheep in remote and rural Wales ? :$

Alistair20000

The tooth is behaving very well. As I mentioned, antibiotics and the swilling of salty water did the trick. i saved loadsa money and possibly my life. Thanks for asking..
While delighted you are out of pain I fear you may only have kicked the can down the road or into the long grass.

IndoMike

Is this a bit like the sheep in remote and rural Wales ? :$
No, the rabbits are not like sheep. They have cute ears and a bob tail.