• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Destinations: 5 to choose

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thanks AP.

I have not been to any of them. :$
If you ever get an inkling for Hong Kong, I thoroughly recommend, went in 2016, loved it, really interesting historically, great food, great sites :)

Colesman Ballz

If you ever get an inkling for Hong Kong, I thoroughly recommend, went in 2016, loved it, really interesting historically, great food, great sites :)
I would totally agree, although I visited just before handback to China. However it did get a bit crowded when a Carrier task force from the US Pacific Fleet called in for some R'n'R. All the clubs and bars were over run, and there was a two hundred yard outside McDonalds all day, every day ! :(

IndoMike

Just to keep this thread moving and with Hants' permission. Choose one for a 3-week holiday:
Scotland
Spain
Australia
Japan
Brazil

Antony Moxey

Have responders to date chosen on the basis of having visited the locations in question or as a wish ?
Only been to Rome and would revisit in a heartbeat. None of the others are of particular interest to me, the long haul destinations especially, but we had to pick one so I did.

Antony Moxey

Just to keep this thread moving and with Hants' permission. Choose one for a 3-week holiday:
Scotland
Spain
Australia
Japan
Brazil
Spain. Don’t think I could stand three weeks of Scottish weather and the others are too far away.

Avening Posse

Scotland
Spain
Australia
Japan
Brazil
I'd lump for Brazil purely on the grounds it is the only one I've not been to, love Scotland mind

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Scotland
Spain
Australia
Japan
Brazil
Will be in Japan next year for the rugby world cup.

I have an idea for Scotland. There is a rail rover ticket available for £89 which involves travelling 4 days in 8 consecutive days called the Scottish Grand Tour Takes in Loch Lomond, Rannoch Moor, Fort William passing Glenfinnan Viaduct and Mallaig. Starts in Glasgow and finishes in Edinburgh.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
1) Copenhagen or Stockholm? Copenhagen, this time I'd like to hire a bicycle and travel outside of the City.

2) Moscow or St Petersburg? Not sure, but I'd like to Moscow for a few days.

3) Los Angeles or San Francisco? San Francisco. I have a plan for a train trip from New York, to Chicago then across to SF. Just need the finances!

4) Hong Kong or Beijing? Hong Kong.

5) Venice or Rome? Will be doing Venice at the end of April. I want to return to Rome, so much more to see.

IndoMike

Spain. Don’t think I could stand three weeks of Scottish weather and the others are too far away.
Love Northern Spain. Not so keen on the South although Seville is a beautiful city.

IndoMike

Will be in Japan next year for the rugby world cup.

I have an idea for Scotland. There is a rail rover ticket available for £89 which involves travelling 4 days in 8 consecutive days called the Scottish Grand Tour Takes in Loch Lomond, Rannoch Moor, Fort William passing Glenfinnan Viaduct and Mallaig. Starts in Glasgow and finishes in Edinburgh.
Scotland for me is the Cairngorms and the Highlands...so peaceful and with dramatic scenery