• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Deano signs for derby - speculation

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Re: Deano signs for derby

Hmm, if he stays then I hope we get him on a new extended contract...

Quality if he decides to stick with us...! I think some people are forgetting how difficult it could be to replace him. One of our best, we need him in L1.

Gozzer

Nightmare scenario (purely for the purposes of inducing panic on a quiet Wednesday lunchbreak) for Deano: He doesn't want to leave Devon, so stays with us for next season and leaves for Gnome Park on a free in the Summer of 2010...

Well, they do seem to like taking on City players who run around a lot.

Doesn't bear thinking about. I'm sorry I shared.

StroudGrecian

But you could be right.

We should hobble him.

citizen33

My hunch is that, if Paul really wanted to keep Deano, an improved contract offer now (including an extension to safeguard City's interests) would tilt the balance our way.

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

Am just thrilled that Deano is even having second thoughts ... helps improve the legend status even more ...

If he does stay then we risk losing him for nothing at the end of the season! Gulp.
But him staying and helping to fend off any relegation threat will be worth more than 350k in the long run.

londonboy80

My hunch is that, if Paul really wanted to keep Deano, an improved contract offer now (including an extension to safeguard City's interests) would tilt the balance our way.
My thoughts entirely. We'll probably end up looking stupid but something tells me that Deano is torn and wants to stay here and be a regular next season. Give him the captaincy! I'd rather be a hero at ECFC than a nobody at Derby! (totally unbiased of course..)

hienzeECFC

Heinz Tomato Ketchup
you called?

Saint James

Am just thrilled that Deano is even having second thoughts ... helps improve the legend status even more ...
Don't want to put a dampner on this but the delay could be down to the type of sponsored car he has been offered in all fairness.

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

true .. but the fact that he is taking his time was good enough for me ...