• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Dean Moxey soon to sign for ECFC...

Angus

At that time though Pete we struggled to pay the 10k transfer fee. Took three people go chip in and pay it.

I'm actually concerned by the length of his contract. There's far better players to be offered a long term contract. Two years max but I can see him being on a fair amount of money and probably won't be worth half of it come the third term

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
At that time though Pete we struggled to pay the 10k transfer fee. Took three people go chip in and pay it.

I'm actually concerned by the length of his contract. There's far better players to be offered a long term contract. Two years max but I can see him being on a fair amount of money and probably won't be worth half of it come the third term
I'm guessing Moxey wants to move into coaching and the three years gives him the opportunity.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
A 3 year deal !!! That must be a first under pt
Pretty sure Tully was on a three year deal at one point?

EDIT: It was two and a half years.

Last edited:

ecfc2000

Serves me right for assuming. I know he was on a collossal wage which we struggled to pay. Perhaps R&L awarded him that since it wasnt there money they intended to spend?
well, a 'colossal wage' only managed to get him a 3 bed terrace in Madiera Villas.

LDNGrecian

So the assumption is that he's on a huge wage just because he's come from league 1?

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well that's the left side of our defence sorted, plenty of competition at left back. thing is, we need a right back, or is Tom McCready in contention?:S. looking good in these squad photos!

https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=cr&ei=Mb1iUt7vEuOc0AXJ0YHoCw#q=K.+Keadell&stick=H4sIAAAAAAAAAONgFuLUz9U3MKysSCpX4tVP1zc0TKrMSqnIM7LUks1OttIvLsgvKimGUvElqYm5VkX5xSWpRY8Yw7gFXv64JyzlO2nNyWuM7lz41QupcbG55pVkllQKyXDxSiGs1WCQ4uZCcHkAfxRdzJQAAAA&spf=1498850925328

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Mmm sure he could have said a lot more about how it all ended - Wembley et al - but a very considered piece - particularly liked the bit about playint with Kwame and then Ethan must have been weird - Deano city through and through

eurogrecian

Mmm sure he could have said a lot more about how it all ended - Wembley et al - but a very considered piece - particularly liked the bit about playint with Kwame and then Ethan must have been weird - Deano city through and through
Well I think he's debunked the idea that City might have thrown the match deliberately...... Thing move on kind of naturally and that's how it happened, probably to the benefit of everybody.
Deano's had a front row seat during many of City's changes since 2003 and his reflections are valuable to understand where the Club is now - pretty well-placed.
It's great that he's back with us, for his experience and versatility and the fact that as you say, he is 100% City.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Unlike some posters on here, I've been really impressed with Deano this season. His defensive positioning and timing of challenges means he rarely gets caught out on the flank and he knows his limitations going forward, so he keeps possession well and is a good decision maker, knowing when to loft a pass and when to keep it on the ground, passing inside or up the flank. In the win away at Mansfield he was particularly impressive. I know that he has made mistakes at key moments but these have not been reflective of his overall play and, like other players in the team in recent games, has been very effective most of the time. Coupled with the fact that he made a very decent fist of covering at centre back last season, I would say he has already justified the (re) signing and we are absolutely blessed to have so many defenders worth the shirt at the moment, given that Craig Woodman is also a very good defender at our level.