• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

David Hutton

Saint James

I was standing right next to him at Hungerford (vs Swindon) but didn't recognise him until he asked me where I'd travelled from?!
You know the bloke at Salisbury serving the teas at half-time. You may have noticed he was wearing a Ted Baker jumper and hint of a cravet. At the time I thought he had a striking resemblance to Tis!

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Playing ability is just one of the factors Tiz takes into consideration when assessing whether or not to sign a player.

Tiz spoke about David Hutton back at the youth forum in March and, as I recall, had less concerns about the guy's playing ability than the speed with which a young Londoner would settle into a new set-up hundreds of miles from home.

I wouldn't be at all suprised if we see Hutton again at some point but back in March, we needed some one who Tiz could be confident would come into the team and make an instant impact... cue Stuart Fleetwood.

I'd say he called it right. Wouldn't you?!

flack-attack

I follow Spurs as well as City.

Not signing Hutton will come back to bite us on the ass - guaranteed.

As for players to watch for keep an eye out on Dervite (French CB) had a really bad knee injury shortly after joining Spurs but prior to that the few games he played he looked mustard.

Ryan Mason is another one at the Academy. Plays CM scored 10+ goals season before last and has chipped in with a few this season playing for the reserves. Very calm and cool on the ball, knows how to get stuck in but also (like Tom Huddlestone) can fire the ball onto a 50p from anywhere on the pitch.

Last edited:

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I follow Spurs as well as City.

Not signing Hutton will come back to bite us on the ass - guaranteed.
Nonsense.

Firstly, who's to say we won't, yet, sign Hutton?

Secondly, Tiz had one card left to play back then. He signed Fleetwood, who helped us to promotion - which was, one assumes, the objective and therefore wholly justifies the decision regardless of how good a player Hutton might, or might not, turn out to be.

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'd say he called it right. Wouldn't you?!
No, I would say let's wait and see.

Hutton seemed to settle pretty quickly at Cheltenham and has now apparently signed for them, that will allow us to see how he develops and make a judgement based on more relevent facts then us getting promoted without him, that means nothing, had we signed Hutton and played Macc and Logie up front we might have won the League. The only point of conjecture is whether he goes on to become good player, there is no way of clearly defining a right or wrong course here.

Should Hutton inspire an immediate return to div 3 for Cheltenham, and we slide back down, it still would not be categoric proof that Tis nobbed it, although I do reserve the right to regurge this thread if things transpire that way.

angelic upstart

As for players to watch for keep an eye out on Dervite (French CB) had a really bad knee injury shortly after joining Spurs but prior to that the few games he played he looked mustard.
Hasn't Dervite been on loan to Southend since January?

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Okay, but playing Devil's Advocate for one moment, if Hutton's such a fantastic prospect why has he signed for a League Two club?!

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
When I saw Hutton involved in a Cheltenham goal on The Championship a few weeks back, I couldn't help thinking what a strange running style he had. Elbows up at head height!

Poultice

Okay, but playing Devil's Advocate for one moment, if Hutton's such a fantastic prospect why has he signed for a League Two club?!
I guess cos he likes it there and they offered him a deal.

There are hundreds of youngsters being released from these academies every year, some really good players disappear completely and the bulk of the rest sign for lower league clubs including the Conference. The ones that really want it then apply themselves and move on up the pyramid, others just fade away their dream of Premiersh*te footy in tatters. This season will be particularly hard as clubs cut back expecting the recession to hit their revenue streams next season, players already under contract obviously are in the driving seat, youngsters like Hutton have to take what is on offer. There are plenty of players plying their trade in the 2nd and 3rd divs now that were rejected by big clubs, Simon Cox was only recently surplus to requirements at "couldn't score in a Turkish brothel" Reading, I believe he about to to move from Swindon for feck loads of cash.

Poultice

When I saw Hutton involved in a Cheltenham goal on The Championship a few weeks back, I couldn't help thinking what a strange running style he had. Elbows up at head height!
Bit similar to Ronaldo then, praise indeed.