• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

David Hutton

Sammyted1

Any particular reason why you guys let him go? He has been absolutely outstanding for us in League One, and I remember him playing a blinder for Exeter in the reserves against us (Cheltenham).

Well done to you guys though this season - in a way, I want you guys to stay down because living in Devon, I'd like a local game, so purely selfish reasons!

How is Aggy doing for you guys, I assume he is injured at present?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
By Aggy I presume you mean Alex Russell? Yes, injured up at Rochdale after a horror tackle by Lee Thorpe that the Ref missed. He says he'll be back by the Playoffs if we need them.

To be brutally honest, I think it's kinda done us a favour, as we've looked sharper with Bertie Cozic in his place.

ecfc2000

Any particular reason why you guys let him go? He has been absolutely outstanding for us in League One, and I remember him playing a blinder for Exeter in the reserves against us (Cheltenham).

Well done to you guys though this season - in a way, I want you guys to stay down because living in Devon, I'd like a local game, so purely selfish reasons!

How is Aggy doing for you guys, I assume he is injured at present?
Scoring 2 goals in your reserve debut just isnt good enough for our reserve manager Rob Edwards. He was subsequently 'let go'. Shame, I think he would have done an excellent job for us but instead he's doing the business for you, and good on you for picking him up. Nice one Edwards!!:mad:

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
Scoring 2 goals in your reserve debut just isnt good enough for our reserve manager Rob Edwards. He was subsequently 'let go'. Shame, I think he would have done an excellent job for us but instead he's doing the business for you, and good on you for picking him up. Nice one Edwards!!:mad:
But there's more to it than that. Attitude, playing "the Exeter way", staying position etc etc. Maybe, he wont fit us and our style but will do great for another team. It's not the end of the world. Lots of players have made it elsewhere after being let go from someone else.

ecfc2000

But there's more to it than that. Attitude, playing "the Exeter way", staying position etc etc. Maybe, he wont fit us and our style but will do great for another team. It's not the end of the world. Lots of players have made it elsewhere after being let go from someone else.
If Tis would have made that call I would have accepted it as being the right decision, but i hear Edwards was the one who told Tis not to bother with this lad.

Incontinentia

He was only in the frame for a ten week loan deal to the end of the season wasn't he? Whereas you might sign somebody who impresses on the basis you will bring him on and use him at some point, you only do a short term loan if you're fairly convinced his services are required. Inglethorpe over at Spurs would also have insisted on regular football or nothing, which is fair enough.

Glad he's doing well for you though and I hope it works out for him with Cheltenham or back at Spurs.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Russell played a blinding pass to Moxey in his first game at SJP (??). After that he looked like he was in the wrong league because he was never really at the races and gave away a lot of posession. Personally I couldn't see what all the Torquay fans were on about.

Anyway Sammyted, instead of just hoping for a nearby away game you should come up to SJP to catch a few games. There are a few people who have visited as neutrals and enjoyed the football that is being played so much that they keep coming back :)

Lister

If Tis would have made that call I would have accepted it as being the right decision, but i hear Edwards was the one who told Tis not to bother with this lad.
Hahahahahaha we have another one!

Tis goes to the ends of the earth to prepare, and yet you believe he took Rob's word on a player we took the trouble to get down here?

Also, Tis watches all the reserves games from the back of the Cowshed, so he can get a different perspective. I would put my mortgage on him not being released on the say so of Rob after one game.

And lastly, we've done sooooooo bad without him haven't we?!

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Also, Tis watches all the reserves games from the back of the Cowshed, so he can get a different perspective. I would put my mortgage on him not being released on the say so of Rob after one game.
I think that one night he was up the top of the BB too, with Yemsy or Perryman (maybe both :p)

Also surely Tis would have worked with him in training? I'd imagine that Tis is the sort of bloke to consider the ins/outs, whys, wherefores, art thous and whathaveyous before making any sort of decision :D

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
I believe our manager is mildly agoraphobic, sorry about the snappers they are part of a messianic cult which refuses to accept the possible fallibilty of their demi-god.