• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Danny Coles

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
Why do clubs persist on building stadium way beyond their needs? When was the last time Bristol Rovers got close to having 20,000?
I wonder if anybody ever said that about Swansea when they left the Vetch ?

A wise man once said, "If you build it they will come", The Gas and Bristol RFC operating in the Championship and the Prem respectively, certainly not beyond the realms of possibility, would pull in some serious support.

GasheadWes

Why do fans continue to live in a dream world? That Gas head needs to take his head out of the sand and get REAL before it's too late and the club goes the way of so many others.
I'm a realist pal, what is your point?

What is it that i have said that is so difficult for you to understand? Please explain...

People bang on about attendances and how there isn't any need for a new 20k capacity stadium, at the same time forgetting that clubs like Reading, Swansea, Hull etc used to get 4,000, 5,000, and 6,000 crowds respectively.

Hull are the perfect example - First home game of the 00/01 season saw 5,431 fans at Boothferry Park. The first game at the new KC Stadium in 02/03 attracted a crowd of 22,319.

We will also be debt free when we move to the new stadium, so i really don't have a clue what you are getting at...

Willy Nilly

I wonder if anybody ever said that about Swansea when they left the Vetch ?

A wise man once said, "If you build it they will come", The Gas and Bristol RFC operating in the Championship and the Prem respectively, certainly not beyond the realms of possibility, would pull in some serious support.
Their bigger brothers average 15k. So, yeah, not impossible but a little unlikely.

Willy Nilly

What is it that i have said that is so difficult for you to understand? Please explain...

People bang on about attendances and how there isn't any need for a new 20k capacity stadium, at the same time forgetting that clubs like Reading, Swansea, Hull etc used to get 4,000, 5,000, and 6,000 crowds respectively.

Hull are the perfect example - First home game of the 00/01 season saw 5,431 fans at Boothferry Park. The first game at the new KC Stadium in 02/03 attracted a crowd of 22,319.

We will also be debt free when we move to the new stadium, so i really don't have a clue what you are getting at...
It ain't gonna happen, pal. You will be sat in the Memorial Ground for years to come dreaming of a new stadium and bright future.

Chucks

This new UWE stadium is far from built... planning permision still needs to be agreed at both sites. (Sainsburys planning not yet agreed... which could be a huge stumbling block)

How long have Rovers been talking about a new stadium... at least 6-7 years... i'm not holding my breath...

anyway, isn't this thread about Coles. Knock a thousand off his salary and i'd be happy to have him... ease him in gently because of his injury problem (ala Noble and Nards), not a problem as Troy and Duffy are first choice and we could have a cracking 3 CB's to pick from.

Mr.Sparkle

I think if Bristol RFC reach the prem, their ground needs to have a minimum capacity of 20,000 should they reach the latter stages of European games. Isn't this the reason why Sandy Park is being increased to 20k?

rich13

Cant see Sainsburys being allowed to bilud there, with a Tesco's at Golden Hill being less than a mile away and another tesco's by the M32 only being just over a mile away in another direction.

Grecian Max

Ummmmm Hull don't have 2 teams though do they?

Mate, I've lived in Bristol for 6 years so I reckon I have a good idea of the two clubs. City are a fair size bigger than you yet struggle to get past 14k at Ashton Gate. If they were to move into a 20,000 stadium they'd only fill it at Premiership level.

As for you lot, your average will never be over 12k....IMO. If BCFC ever got into the Prem, it would be the death knell for Rovers, you'd be like Port Vale.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Danny Coles: Rumoured to have signed for City tonight

SimonBB

Welcome aboard.....