• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Danny Coles

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
Pickler? Ides?
Ides? Player of the month in March. :D

Branston mate. Love him. You flood the dressing room with your own don't you?

Last edited:

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeah if Buckle was in need of a tried and trusted lower league c/b I would be surprised if Branston wasn't at the top of his list. he's then more or less put a new spine to the team. A Good starting point for him and the gas? I think so.

Last edited:

STURTZ

No chance. Higgs and the board are all fans and have said time and time again there is no danger of us going into administration or anything like that.

He also said today that we will be completely debt free when we move into the new stadium.

Rovers propose to sell the land on which the Memorial Stadium currently stands to Sainsbury's to assist with the finance of new project. The project will ultimately be fully privately funded. The sale of the current Memorial Stadium land to Sainsbury's would be the enabling development which will allow the new stadium to be built.

I have also been fairly reliably informed that UWE are apparantly stumping up 18 million for the accomodation, Sainsbury's are paying 8 million for the mem and there is a major investor poised to put between 10 and 18 million into the club. Of course that could just be speculation and a complete fabrication, but i trust the source and his credibility.

So where are The Shoguns going?

STURTZ

Is right. I always felt we didn't see enough of Dan S in the stripes. One of the reasons why I wasn't too upset about Gilly signing that massive contract with the gas was because Liam ("He's one of our own" c. MKD) is the new Gilly. Liam was 15 when Gilly was here....hard to believe.
People talk of the great teams of the late seventies and early nineties, the exodus of players and our subsequent demise but I am going to take great pleasure in watching Harley, Mackie, Friend, Moxey, Seabourne, Jones(!???), all running out for Premiership/championship team next season whilst we are still capable of fighting in the top half of league 1.

What a fantastic advert for our coaching staff and club.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
People talk of the great teams of the late seventies and early nineties, the exodus of players and our subsequent demise but I am going to take great pleasure in watching Harley, Mackie, Friend, Moxey, Seabourne, Jones(!???), all running out for Premiership/championship team next season whilst we are still capable of fighting in the top half of league 1.

What a fantastic advert for our coaching staff and club.
a bit of speculation that takes this a bit off topic, but had we had the resources to have been able to have kept the names you mention mixed with the best of our current squad do you think we would be sitting now in the championship, or looking one of the favourites to reach them this season?

STURTZ

Always an interesting question, perhaps if Rob Edwards could have been cryogenically preserved we'd be already there.

Grecian Max

I have also been fairly reliably informed that UWE are apparantly stumping up 18 million for the accomodation, Sainsbury's are paying 8 million for the mem and there is a major investor poised to put between 10 and 18 million into the club. Of course that could just be speculation and a complete fabrication, but i trust the source and his credibility.
I know UWE are loaded but I find it difficult to believe they'd cough up £18 million for accomodation....?!

davecg

Why do clubs persist on building stadium way beyond their needs? When was the last time Bristol Rovers got close to having 20,000? An average season in League One, which historically has been about their norm, has seen an average attendance of 6-7k, in a 20k capacity stadium that leaves you with the same atmosphere as Stadium MK (f*cking shocking for anyone whos not been.) Why not build a stadium with a 10-12,000 capacity with room for expansion? Like so many of these ideas, looks lovely in an artists drawing but practicaly how usefull is it going to prove?

chrisnaan

So where are The Shoguns going?
They aren't called the Shoguns any more. They were sponsored by the local Mitsubishi garage, but after that sponsorship ended they reverted back to being called Bristol Rugby. But to answer the question I believe they are planning to move to the new stadium.

Willy Nilly

Why do fans continue to live in a dream world? That Gas head needs to take his head out of the sand and get REAL before it's too late and the club goes the way of so many others.

Last edited: