• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Danny Coles

gasman

Gasman, he was just pointing out that Tisdale has a track record of proving fans wrong. That is why he's a manager and we aren't.

No offence against you, I'm sure you (and the other gasheads) are a very objective, it's just I have a feeling Tisdale knows more about what makes a good player than everybody on exeweb and the gas forums. It's no personal slight against your opinion mate, just an honest appraisal of the reality that some people are better at judging footballers than others.
No offence taken if tisdale is as a good judge as you say I don't think you will be signing him then. He has not been the same player since he went to america to have his knee sorted out he is a bit like ledley king in that sense where he needs to rest it just to play on a saturday.

Hi guys, different view from a Gashead here.

When Danny first joined us, initially on loan from Hull, he was a revelation. A defender who could actually pick a pass and had a footballing brain. We subsequently signed him on a permanent deal for a fee believed to be about £85k.

The following season in a game against Leyton Orient there was a spell of about 5 minutes that summed Danny's Rovers career up. He scored an own goal to give Orient the lead, and then equilised from a corner a few minutes later. In jubilation at scoring for the team he grew up supporting he jumped about like a loon and slid across the turf....tearing his cruciate ligament in the process.

He was out for about a year all in all, including two unsuccessfull attempts to come back and eventually went to see the famed Dr Steadman in the USA to get it sorted.

Since then he hasn't been the same, always as likely to make a timely intervention as drop a ******* and gift the opposition a goal.

The good news is his knee hasn't troubled him since. Toward the end of this season, when Stuart Campbell took over, he looked like a collosus and back to his best for a few games but then with our eventual demise the whole team petered out with a whimper.

You won't get a player who tries more than Danny, and he is the first player you could say would never be found wanting for effort or commitment. So much so that he kind of offered a fan a confrontation (or so it appeared) in the car park after a bit of a row on Twitter, which he swiftly removed himself from.

I've got a lot of time for Danny and he's a good guy. Ideally I'd like him to stay but he is a big earner and will no doubt want to play at as high a level as he can since he might not have many more seasons left.

If it comes off then I wish him, and Exeter, all the very best.

And if you wouldn't mind letting us have Jamie back, I'd be awfully grateful. ;)

denzil

He's SLOW !!!

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
He's SLOW !!!
Will fit in with us perfectly then.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Will fit in with us perfectly then.
Not to mention the long term injury.

We don't care if he got the injury celebrating or not.

SimonBB

He's SLOW !!!
Thankfully he plays centre half rather than doing the 100m sprint.

He's not as slow as you think.

Compared to Steve Elliott when he was here he's Usain Bolt!

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
He's not as slow as you think.

Compared to Steve Elliott when he was here he's Usain Bolt!
Well we were linked to him as well so we do like a slow player or 2.

:D

Both good players when paired with a pacier defender to be fair.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well we were linked to him as well so we do like a slow player or 2.
Well, we are looking to replace a Southern League oil tanker. ;)