• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Daniel Nardiello

ForeverECFC

Nardss.. not really too bothered. not done anything too good this season, few goals, looked out of it whenever he has played.
i really do hope nobody else feels like his about Nardi as stats show and ill quote Scottus86 here "The stats show that Nardiello has more goals to minutes played than Cureton, if Nardiello had, had as much game time as Cureton he might well be a 20 goal a season striker"

IMO ive said plenty of times before i personally believe he's our best Striker.

Him and Ben Watson = 20+ Goals a season

DJH2005

I like Nards, but he is such an infuriating player at times. Doesn't lift his head up enough for my liking, and doesn't seemingly link all that well with our other forwards.

For me, he looks a much better player when coming off the bench with something to prove. The few times he's started I've thought he looks less of a threat than when he comes off the bench. (No idea how the stats support that, just a hunch on my part)

Good striker though, with great feet and a tidy shot on him. A quality addition to our forward line. Curo still the best IMO, and probably the best since Kellow to have pulled on the Red&White, even better than Dazza mk.I (Just)

jr1871

I like Nards, but he is such an infuriating player at times. Doesn't lift his head up enough for my liking, and doesn't seemingly link all that well with our other forwards.

For me, he looks a much better player when coming off the bench with something to prove. The few times he's started I've thought he looks less of a threat than when he comes off the bench. (No idea how the stats support that, just a hunch on my part)

Good striker though, with great feet and a tidy shot on him. A quality addition to our forward line. Curo still the best IMO, and probably the best since Kellow to have pulled on the Red&White, even better than Dazza mk.I (Just)
About sums it up for me as well. Curo has so many facets to his game, taking defenders away, creating space, scoring, and he is handy on direct assists as well. Nards career unfortunately has been hampered by constant injuries. This is the first season he has passed 10 goals in his entire career. I like him, think he will get a new contract, and think he is an important squad member.

Even at 35 going on 6, he is nowhere near Jamie, and is unlikely to be next season either. If Tis stays, we will make an all out assault for the play offs next year, that will often mean 3 in advanced positions, so I also think Nards will get more game time.

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
DJH, I share your sentiments. Like every City player, I want to see the best in all of them, and I really hope he wants to get his head down :D and work on his game. You can't build a career on loans , and can't use Man U on your CV for ever. I tihnk most managers would look at Nards, and think " I can do something with this guy" but it needs to be both ways.

The Walsall penalty incident was embarrassing, and I do worry that he potentially plays for himself rather than the team.

DJH2005

and I do worry that he potentially plays for himself rather than the team.
Yes, I think that was what I was trying to say, but without actually saying it. :D

Jolboy

For me, he is one of the best players we have EVER had, in term of ability and technique. Every time hd gets the ball he is thinking goals. I love the way he plays. He is a 20 goal a season striker. 100% yes. He was playing too much in his head for the first 2/3 of the season which is not supprising considering the terrible injury problems he has had but he looks to be really fit & sharp now. We have got he'll of a player in Nards. I don't care if he is selfish. Cureton is selfish, just the same as all top strikers are. Last home game = logie headed goal from Nards inch perfect cross. CLASS.

FAN-TATIC

DJH, I share your sentiments. Like every City player, I want to see the best in all of them, and I really hope he wants to get his head down :D and work on his game. You can't build a career on loans , and can't use Man U on your CV for ever. I tihnk most managers would look at Nards, and think " I can do something with this guy" but it needs to be both ways.

The Walsall penalty incident was embarrassing, and I do worry that he potentially plays for himself rather than the team.
Your last paragraph mirrors my only concerns with Nards, Lammie. If he is to play a bigger part he needs to become more of a team
Player.

For me he is the most talented striker we have. Good feet, buckets of skill, the ability to take people on, good vision and coolness when in scoring positions.

Not long ago I had a conversation with Steve Perryman about ensuring we maintain the team ethic. Steve said many things can interfere with management's aim to create a team mentality. Steve listed agents, family members, fans and the notorious MOM award ( his words not mine).

Lately, I think I have noticed a small improvement in Nard's game that leans more to the team ethic, perhaps someone has had a word and it is having the required effect.

Last edited:

zyderman

ooooohhhhhhhhhh sh*tarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr aaaarrrrrrrrr
With the ball at his feet in and around the box nards is top class, best we have.

Curo is a threat almost anywhere in their half.

Ashecfc

For me, he is one of the best players we have EVER had, in term of ability and technique. Every time hd gets the ball he is thinking goals. I love the way he plays. He is a 20 goal a season striker. 100% yes. He was playing too much in his head for the first 2/3 of the season which is not supprising considering the terrible injury problems he has had but he looks to be really fit & sharp now. We have got he'll of a player in Nards. I don't care if he is selfish. Cureton is selfish, just the same as all top strikers are. Last home game = logie headed goal from Nards inch perfect cross. CLASS.
Mate that is spot on IMO. Nards is fantastic he terrorised the Gas defence last week and should have had a hatrick, I have no probs with him being selfish.

I remeber watching Brentford in the JPT semi final and 2 things spring to mind ; first is what a shot!! Nards can hit that ball hard and his goal was superb, as was his finishing last week. The second was Cureton being greedy, Nards was free and baring down on goal and all Cureton had to do was pass but instead he went for the shot.

All good goal scorers need the ball and to get the ball you need to be greedy simple.

Nards next season is going to be fantastic, he can pass, shoot and finish, he can take on defenders and he is strong, a good all round player.

Ashecfc

I love Cureton as well a true goal scorer and a real work horse. Its good to have these type of problems with Nards and Cureton playing for places.