• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Daniel Nardiello

Grecian1966

I think in an ideal world we would retain Nardellio as clearly he is one of the best forward players we have had for many seasons. However, football management can't be run like a sweet shop and we can't have everything we may want next season if budgets (as have been touted) are being reduced. Tiz will need to make decisions in the best interests of his whole squad and importantly what can be afforded. For example, if the choice was keeping Nardellio, or replacing him with say Bowditch from Yeovil and being able to afford more to keep Jamie C I know I would offload Nards regrettably. It's about choices and decisions and I would argue it's more important to keep Curo (only if we pay what is affordable) than Nardellio in terms of what's best for the team.

Fred

ecfctis

Nardiello and Cureton are different types of players. Cureton has a nack of being in the right place at the right time. His big fault is his poor first touch - would have possibly given him another couple of goals against Orient. He also feeds off other players around him. Knows where the goal is!
Nardiello is by far the most skillful, both on the ball and with his goal efforts - super striker of the ball with an often fierce shot. Team player - not sure but Knows where the goal is!
They both have a tendancy to be selfish and not release the ball at the right moment.
I hope they can both stay for next season, but unlikely.

Grecian1966

Nardiello and Cureton are different types of players. Cureton has a nack of being in the right place at the right time. His big fault is his poor first touch - would have possibly given him another couple of goals against Orient. He also feeds off other players around him. Knows where the goal is!
Nardiello is by far the most skillful, both on the ball and with his goal efforts - super striker of the ball with an often fierce shot. Team player - not sure but Knows where the goal is!
They both have a tendancy to be selfish and not release the ball at the right moment.
But given the choice who would you keep?

RobG

Cureton is a great player, end of. Nards is frustrating, seems to want to take on a man rather than pass. He does fall down a lot though which can win penalties and free kicks. Nards also often shrugs at his own players, on Saturday he was looking at a couple players in disgust and was shaking his head at them when they didnt get the ball to him, cant be great for moral. He has a lot of talent though

ECFC Music

Agree with everything you say except don't consider Cureton selfish.Also think Cureton needs to watch the line more,in the last two home games i counted him offside 5 times in each match.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Agree with everything you say except don't consider Cureton selfish.Also think Cureton needs to watch the line more,in the last two home games i counted him offside 5 times in each match.
Not a problem as he always gets one right and gets through (missed a lobbed chance on Saturday after breaking the offside trap).

He can get caught offside 20 times in a game if he gets a couple right.

ecfctis

But given the choice who would you keep?
Difficult choice to make imho - but would just go for Cureton because yes he is just, but only just, more of a team player than Nardiello.
On the other hand, if the age is a problem - then Nardiello!!
(There you are - still can't make a decision).

Grecian1966

Difficult choice to make imho - but would just go for Cureton because yes he is just, but only just, more of a team player than Nardiello.
On the other hand, if the age is a problem - then Nardiello!!
(There you are - still can't make a decision).
Fcing useless manager you would make!:D

mole221

Looking through the stats page on the os, which is interesting in that he apparently hasn't set any goals up, has scored 12, and is the 4th highest shot taker, with the majority of his shots being on target, if the figure of 23 shots on target is correct then I make that just a goal for every two shots on target he makes, which is lethal

I also noticed that Paul Jones had a shot on target in a cup match, can anyone remember when??

Well-known Exeweb poster
Any news on his injury?