• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2019

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Somerset's Tom Banton has been voted Young Cricketer of the Year.

Meanwhile, the club are in the market for a "Chairperson".

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Somerset's Tom Banton has been voted Young Cricketer of the Year.

Meanwhile, the club are in the market for a "Chairperson".
"Chairman" is not gender specific. Grrr.

Anyway all's not well at the Middle. Amidst rumours of Yorkshire wanting to sign him, Dawid Malan has resigned* the captaincy. We've signed the mediocre Miguel Cummins on a Kolpak (after our Director of Cricket swore we'd never use the Kolpak route).

*I think.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tom Banton will also be a Local Icon for Welsh Fire in the Blundered next year. I thought you'd want to know that.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
**Shakes fist** at the very mention of the wretched Hundred on a cricket thread. :mad:

I see the organisers are being criticised for a big sponsorship deal with KP Snacks where popcorn, crisps, nuts and other so called “junk food” will be advertised. Organisers say they want to attract youngsters hence this advertising deal. The food thought police say it will encourage obesity etc.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
**Shakes fist** at the very mention of the wretched Hundred on a cricket thread. :mad:

I see the organisers are being criticised for a big sponsorship deal with KP Snacks where popcorn, crisps, nuts and other so called “junk food” will be advertised. Organisers say they want to attract youngsters hence this advertising deal. The food thought police say it will encourage obesity etc.
As someone who followed the fortunes of Everton as a nipper I was forever begging my Mum for tins of Hafnia.*

*Which was a bit tricky, as it wasn't available in the UK.

Alistair20000

As someone who followed the fortunes of Everton as a nipper I was forever begging my Mum for tins of Hafnia.*

*Which was a bit tricky, as it wasn't available in the UK.
I thought Hafnia was a bacterium but I am no expert in these matters :oops:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I thought Hafnia was a bacterium but I am no expert in these matters :oops:
It is, but not sure you'd get bacteria sponsoring Everton. Nor would you get the Latin name for Copenhagen doing so.

A Danish purveyor of canned meat, on the other hand...

Alistair20000

It is, but not sure you'd get bacteria sponsoring Everton. Nor would you get the Latin name for Copenhagen doing so.

A Danish purveyor of canned meat, on the other hand...
Are we talking of products similar to Ye Olde Oak ham which my Mum used to serve as a treat but which I would now classify as something fit only for the Feckin’ Dire thread ?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Are we talking of products similar to Ye Olde Oak ham which my Mum used to serve as a treat but which I would now classify as something fit only for the Feckin’ Dire thread ?
To be perfectly honest I haven't a Scooby. But probably.

Alistair20000

To be perfectly honest I haven't a Scooby. But probably.
In which case you had a fortunate escape.