• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2019

donkey

Bairstow can't say it hasn't been coming, he's been in dreadful form for over 2 years now. For once it looks as though they've done a decent job in selection, although personally I'd have left Woakes out of the squad as well.
Good to see Banton and Gregory called up for the T20 series

The Daily Mail has reported that Dawid Malan is a target for Yorkshire.
Isn't he still under contract? Would be odd for Middlesex to let him go

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cidermen 75 for 4 at stumps. 200 might be a competitive score. Wonder how much they've paid Vijay? So far they'd have been better off with a Tresco Indian Summer.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wonder how much they've paid Vijay?
Who?
Somerset??
Or Essex???

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Isn't he still under contract? Would be odd for Middlesex to let him go
Word is that Malan is about to have the captaincy stripped from him, and as a result could flounce. Thing is, I don't think it's his captaincy that is awry - after all we've improved in white ball Cricket and in the field we've been OK.

donkey

Word is that Malan is about to have the captaincy stripped from him, and as a result could flounce. Thing is, I don't think it's his captaincy that is awry - after all we've improved in white ball Cricket and in the field we've been OK.
Patterson always seemed a bit of a stopgap for Yorkshire so I guess they'd be happy to give him the captaincy. I think they made the same offer to Madsen of Derbyshire last year too.
Malan's been a little unlucky with England tbh, wouldn't surprise me if they looked at taking him to SA later in the winter.

Colesman Ballz

Cidermen lose another couple of early wickets and reach 113-6. Abell now joined in the middle by Bess.

Grecian2K

At least van der Merwe and the Legend that is Leach have given the very end of the tail a bit of a wag.

Still, I fear that 174 for 9 is NOT the batting of champions. :cry:

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
At least van der Merwe and the Legend that is Leach have given the very end of the tail a bit of a wag.

Still, I fear that 174 for 9 is NOT the batting of champions. :cry:
Fighting Rear Guard Action 180-9 now 36 valuable runs for the 10th Wicket

Colesman Ballz

Fighting Rear Guard Action 180-9 now 36 valuable runs for the 10th Wicket
They extend the partnership to 59. before finishing on 203. and earning a vital batting point.

Colesman Ballz

Crucial innings of the match, in respect of bonus points, with Somerset in need of their bowling points, and at the same time restricting the Essex batting ones. If it goes "tits up" then even securing a victory in the second innings may not be enough to stop Essex winning the title. Fingers and everything else crossed !