• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2014

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Dernbach clearly has the incriminating pictures that Bell had for many years. I can see no other explanation for his continued selection.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good old Jade. Manages not to concede 17 off the last over, just, so England take a consolation win :D
Impressive performance from Chris Jordan and Ravi is slowly turning himself into an indispensable member of the team

Not exactly heading to the World Cup with the confidence of holders.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Chris woakes called up ? bloody hell England , why do we continue to pick such crap ?

Woakes , Dernbach Tredwell , Luke Wright all in the squad , these 4 shouldn't be anywhere near an international set up let alone playing in it..

Jordan looks a talent -

Bittners a Legend

I largely agree with you Credy but who can we pick instead of Tredwell? It is obvious it will spin in Bangladesh and I don't see anybody we have who is better. Tredwell is a smart cricketer and he is disciplined. I think he is the last of our worries in one day cricket although I don't think he has enough talent to ever establish himself in Test Match cricket.

Wright's record for England is terrible but as I mentioned previously he took apart international bowlers in the Big Bash just three or four months ago. Strange he cannot replicate that form for England in 2020 cricket (don't think he should be in the 50 over side).

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Tredwell is a fine LO player, and for me is one of the first names on the OD teamsheet - he has adapted his game for the shorter formats, mind, which is why he can no longer be considered a serious contender for the Tests (his FC stats recently have been horrendous).

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
only two sleeps till the pre season friendly's start for Somerset :) I cant go till April
this year I will miss the pre season games
I remember last year sat in freezing conditions with all my winter football gear on
even the players had woolly hats on!

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
So who's your X1 for the 1st game?

Hales
Lumb
Bell
Morgan
Buttler
Bopara
Jordan
Bresnan
Broad
Parry
Tredwell

Not picked
Ali
Dernbach
Woakes
Wright

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I'd go with that.

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Same old Somerset! they had a bad first day of the pre season today
I haven't even got up there yet and I am moaning already!
Is it too late to get the money back on this seasons membership? LOL
as they say
....it can only get better!
cant cope with both my cricket and football team being rubbish at the moment, glad its only pre season.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Luke Wright injured and Keiswetter in , which I think is a lucky break to be honest...

England don't have power players , just looked at India , there batting line up is unreal.

England need 6 hitters , only Butler really clears the rope consistently.