• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Crawley Town v Exeter City matchday thread

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hang on, I listened to the City match on 103.4!
Well just before Charlie Price handed over to the commentary team he said it was on 990mw only.

Spoonz Red E

This sickness bug that affected the squad isn't an isolated incident, we suffered one last season iirc. Could it be basic hygiene at the C&F ? Whatever it is needs sorting out.
Not necessarily hygiene. It could just be close proximity especially with plenty of long coach journeys.

andrew p long

‘Other teams have the right to play well against us’

Red Monster

‘Other teams have the right to play well against us’
Sweep that under the carpet
;)

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not necessarily hygiene. It could just be close proximity especially with plenty of long coach journeys.
Not sure about that Spoonz. All the other clubs do the same thing.

Stelios

The Broadfild Stadium is a non-league stadium and remains so. The joke locally is the match clock is broken which was fixed for a game I attended but it broke down in the53 rd minute.I think it's still not working! Let's not get so smug with the opening of our own fantastic facilities this weekend. I'll be honoured to be there but please, let's not look down our noses at club's less fortunate than Crawley. When they originally got promoted, they erected a temporary plastic hoarding. It's still there....celebrate them, don't mock them. They're doing their best!
This was not a criticism of Broadfield Stadium (or any lower league stadium). It was criticism of terrible camera operatives! Westcountry TV were notorious for it back in the day. It's still a problem all around the country judging by the EFL highlights. Just zoom out a little. We don't need to see close ups of shots which can't pan across quickly enough to capture blocks, rebounds, deflections etc which are routine in football. It's also nice to see wide angles of the pitch so you can see who is running off the ball etc.

Spoonz Red E

Not sure about that Spoonz. All the other clubs do the same thing.
True enough and I've heard of other teams having 'bugs going around'.

iscalad

True enough and I've heard of other teams having 'bugs going around'.
Yeah but we were first. 1973 #bloodyboblord

Colesman Ballz

Yeah but we were first. 1973 #bloodyboblord
And the Cat n Fiddle was a St Luke's College ground back then !

grecIAN Harris

This sickness bug that affected the squad isn't an isolated incident, we suffered one last season iirc. Could it be basic hygiene at the C&F ? Whatever it is needs sorting out.
Does that mean that there is a 'basic hygiene issue' at every school throughout the land? You can almost guarantee that there will be some kind of bug/illness that will sweep through most every school at some point during the school year.