• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Craig Woodman

At least Ribeiro looked devastated when they scored. Woodman walked away with no sign that he cared - which is the same whenever he makes any of his serial mistakes during games.

I don't think I've ever seen a City player with a worse attitude.

dommers

At least Ribeiro looked devastated when they scored.
Well it was Ribeiro's fault

GrecianWonder

At least Ribeiro looked devastated when they scored. Woodman walked away with no sign that he cared - which is the same whenever he makes any of his serial mistakes during games.

Why do you weight so much on a player's body language or facial expression on whether they care or not.

I had a coaching session from Perryman in my youth and he said as he only had one session the most worthwhile thing for him to teach us was about attitude after a mistake. It's more important to concentrate on your job and the next action you have to take than what has just gone on. We had a kick about and if anyone miscontrolled or misplaced a pass or shot wide he would shout 'next!'.

Better to have a player focusing on his next touch, next tackle, next clearance than getting worried about what has been.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster

Tend to agree with GrecianWonder's post above. More to the point, I don't think Craig Woodman is one for outward displays of emotion – someone with more time on their hands than me may be able to find the photos taken when the players visited the children's ward at the RD&E prior to Christmas for evidence of this!

Last edited:

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Here's a link to the photos to which I referred in my previous post:

http://www.exeterexpressandecho.co.uk/Pictures-Exeter-City-players-pay-visit-Royal/story-28340964-detail/story.html#3

As I said, not sure Woody does outward displays of emotion.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well it was Ribeiro's fault
Not so sure about that myself - watch the replay and imagine what ribs might have done if woody hadn't intervened in any way. Woody tentatively taps the ball out of ribs's control, twice. I'm not saying ribs covered himself in glory during this incident but woody was equally at fault in my view.

On the up

Not so sure about that myself - watch the replay and imagine what ribs might have done if woody hadn't intervened in any way. Woody tentatively taps the ball out of ribs's control, twice. I'm not saying ribs covered himself in glory during this incident but woody was equally at fault in my view.

Had another close look at the goal and you're right. Whilst wrestling with Reid. twice the ball was won back briefly only to be accidentally tapped back into the danger area by Woody. The final pass to the scorer was a rebound from Woody off Ribeiro's chin. The ball just didnt seem to want to come down. Still all past history . This time last year we were full of disappointment after Reid scored an easy hatrick. Keeping them to one goal and scoring the two at the death was just made for television. What a victory and what a celebration afterwards. Head still hadn't cleared 👍👍👍👍

dommers

Not so sure about that myself.
How being positioned correctly to head it before it bounced. Was speaking to a Notts Forest scout this morning who felt we had the best and worst players on the pitch in Watkins and Ribeiro yesterday.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The goal was almost identical to their 3rd down here last season. Long ball, letting it bounce and Reid bullying our backline off the ball. With regards to Ribs, I don't think he had a good game but it's more than understandable. He wasn't playing in his natural position and was up against two big strikers. Yeah neither are particularly good but they are a handful.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
How being positioned correctly to head it before it bounced. Was speaking to a Notts Forest scout this morning who felt we had the best and worst players on the pitch in Watkins and Ribeiro yesterday.
Was he watching anyone in particular, Dommers?