• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Craig Woodman

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
JMT, and play Tillson, Ribeiro or McAllister central?

Colesman Ballz

The problem is that we don't have a decent replacement. Macallister is even slower. CRL is at Truro.
Recall CRL and either offer Woody to Truro or put him out to grass. The poor guy is such a target for the opposition that things can only get worse for him ! Today was the final straw, when you are beaten just inside the penalty area it is a schoolboy error to take the opponent down the way he does. He is a senior professional and it beggars belief that having conceded a penalty, he does exactly the same again five minutes later. Klopp may not have targeted him at SJP, but he wont make that mistake again on Wednesday !

Silver fox

Recall CRL and either offer Woody to Truro or put him out to grass. The poor guy is such a target for the opposition that things can only get worse for him ! Today was the final straw, when you are beaten just inside the penalty area it is a schoolboy error to take the opponent down the way he does. He is a senior professional and it beggars belief that having conceded a penalty, he does exactly the same again five minutes later. Klopp may not have targeted him at SJP, but he wont make that mistake again on Wednesday !
That is spot on CB.

Red Bill

That's 3 times recently he's given away exactly the same penalty, I don't think he's as bad as I some do and actually think he's good going forward, but he's a defender and thats the weak part of his game, so his time has to be up now.

Apparently Tis is bringing in another two signings in this transfer window, and we know one's another midfielder, surely the other one has to be a left back doesn't it?............. Pretty please!!! :S

Red Devon

That's 3 times recently he's given away exactly the same penalty, I don't think he's as bad as I some do and actually think he's good going forward, but he's a defender and thats the weak part of his game, so his time has to be up :S
All very similar in that he seems to have accidentally ran in to the back of the opponent for all three pens....thought he had a decent game yesterday apart from the pens!

muppetdodger

It's ok, woodman is good, according to the BBC it was Butters who conceded both penalties yesterday!

Red Bill

All very similar in that he seems to have accidentally ran in to the back of the opponent for all three pens....thought he had a decent game yesterday apart from the pens!
He gets too close and the attacker goes across him as they're taught to do and draws the foul. Woodman's too experienced to let himself keep getting caught like that. Once is unfortunate but twice in five minutes and you have to start asking questions.

halesy27

Ultimately he's a defender and it's his job to stop the opposition from scoring,linking up with others should be 2nd,as a striker is judged on goals scored. Woodman is not good enough defensively, his positioning is awful and he's seems to switch off from crosses. I think we need to give CRL a chance,he will only get better,were as woodman clearly isn't! Or get a big CB with brown, as I think lb is JMT best position

STURTZ

He isn't up to making those wing runs and also fulfilling his defensive responsibilities. Play a back three as we did against Morcambe, McAllister on the left side covering for Woodman. It's short term but might give us a bit more solidity down the left.

ForeverECFC

Woodman needs to go, Bring in CRL, he can't be any worse at the end of the day. Woodman single handily let down the team against Luton at home and was assisting Orient in doing the same yesterday luckily for him they didn't take advantage of it, both times. Utter liability.