• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Craig Woodman

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Woodman needs to go, Bring in CRL, he can't be any worse at the end of the day. Woodman single handily let down the team against Luton at home and was assisting Orient in doing the same yesterday luckily for him they didn't take advantage of it, both times. Utter liability.
Tis did sub him so hopefully he now realises that Woody has come to the end of the line.

Silver fox

Very well known Exeweb poster
Probably the reason we won today, just saying like.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Tisdale said it was his decision to rotate the squad so every chance Craig may come back in next week. Don't think McAllister had a great game today but defensively he is my pick. He gets closer to his man so is therefore trying to tackle or close down the opposition before they get to the edge of our box.

Colesman Ballz

I thought Tis had finally woke up and smelt the coffee when he subbed him at Orient, but back on the teamsheet at Anfield ! The way he has been playing lately it feels like you are offering the opposition a three goal start !

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
McCallister or Woodman - hopefully we will have a new left back next season

Antony Moxey

I'd like one before the end of January. It's definitely the weak link of the squad.

crocks

I'd like one before the end of January. It's definitely the weak link of the squad.
Agreed and opposition teams target City down that side.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Appreciate where you're coming from, but the problem with this approach - unless the new recruit comes in on loan - is that is has the potential to stifle the growth of the youngsters.

You'd have liked to have thought that Woodman and McAllister were reaching the end of their respective careers and that Conor Riley-Lowe was the natural progression. If it's now deemed neither McAllister and Woodman are up to scratch and we sign a half-decent new left back where, exactly, does that leave Conor?!

I'm not suggesting that reaching the play-off this season shouldn't be our No. 1 priority, but can't help thinking that if we're going to invest so much money in our youth set-up, we have to give a little more though into how we integrate these youngsters into our first team. Matt Jay anyone?!

Last edited:

Ashford Grecian

McCallister or Woodman - hopefully we will have a new left back next season
Nothing much between them is there, that's why I don't get why people are on Woody's back constantly as Jamie Mac isn't really any better and is definitely slower...

Antony Moxey

Appreciate where you're coming from, but the problem with this approach - unless the new recruit comes in on loan - is that is has the potential to stifle the growth of the youngsters.

You'd have liked to have thought that Woodman and McAllister were reaching the end of their respective careers and that Conor Riley-Lowe was the natural progression. If it's now deemed neither McAllister and Woodman are up to scratch and we sign a half-decent new left back where, exactly, does that leave Conor?!

I'm not suggesting that reaching the play-off this season shouldn't be our No. 1 priority, but can't help thinking that if we're going to invest so much money in our youth set-up, we have to give a little more though into how we integrate these youngsters into our first team. Matt Jay anyone?!
To be honest who cares? If the youngsters were good enough they'd be playing, if they're not ready then we need someone ahead of them. It's obvious to anyone with eyes in their head that the two we've got aren't anywhere near good enough so they need replacing. Whether that's a nipper or someone bought in doesn't matter, we need a left back. Aside from that, WRT nippers not being ready, they'll still be there as back-ups plus competition for places is healthy not stifling.