• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Covid

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
Protect the vulnerable and let the rest of of us get on with our lives.
That's what I was crying out for at the time and got widely vilified.

But, it is a lot easier said than done. How do you lock away the elderly for the best part of 2 years, for instance?

DB9

That's what I was crying out for at the time and got widely vilified.

But, it is a lot easier said than done. How do you lock away the elderly for the best part of 2 years, for instance?
You don't "Lock them away" Those in homes should be protected by testing for visitors and staff, Vaccine the residents if appropriate and those residentsagree, Staff vaccinations can only be done by consent, Those not in homes that are vulnerable (Because being old is not the same) will make their own minds up whilst, if they wish they can have the Vaccine just like now, They're invited to get it, Not ordered to, Their choice and just take day to day precautions, As they probably do now anyway.

At the time we did not know enough about the virus and what was being said by government and experts/media did frighten people but I do believe the decisions made at the time were right as this was a new virus and very easily transmitted. You can argue the toss about that and when you're called to the Covid inquiry I wait with baited breath your take on things

Mr Jinx

You don't "Lock them away" Those in homes should be protected by testing for visitors and staff, Vaccine the residents if appropriate and those residentsagree, Staff vaccinations can only be done by consent, Those not in homes that are vulnerable (Because being old is not the same) will make their own minds up whilst, if they wish they can have the Vaccine just like now, They're invited to get it, Not ordered to, Their choice and just take day to day precautions, As they probably do now anyway.

At the time we did not know enough about the virus and what was being said by government and experts/media did frighten people but I do believe the decisions made at the time were right as this was a new virus and very easily transmitted. You can argue the toss about that and when you're called to the Covid inquiry I wait with baited breath your take on things
Vaccines they have now won't cover new strains that are coming out hot off the conveyor belt.

DB9

Vaccines they have now won't cover new strains that are coming out hot off the conveyor belt.
No but they are tweaked and new ones worked on all the time, Just like the flu jab, That is not the same one year on year.

iscalad

Had my latest jab today.

Alistair20000

Had my latest jab today.
Flu and Covid ?

iscalad

Flu and Covid ?
Hmm. Let me think. Oh yes I posted on the Covid page😆😆
Flu next Saturday.

Alistair20000

Hmm. Let me think. Oh yes I posted on the Covid page😆😆
Flu next Saturday.
As with Dr Dave I had both yesterday. One in each arm.

iscalad

As with Dr Dave I had both yesterday. One in each arm.
Bummer really, they offered both to my wife and not me.

Grecian2K

Bummer really
Hardly. As Al has told us it was one in each ARM.