• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Corr blimey a new signing?

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Any of his sons have a hairline fracture of the knee which, as I recall, was a blight on his career.

grantyno1

Preston term time, stoke canon otherwise!
I've heard a rumour that Barry Corr from Swindon could be our first signing of this pre-season and is undergoing a medical pretty soonish. If this isn't correct then my sincere apologies. A new Flacky?
Good Call Chalky, you knew before he did it seems!

chalkyno1

Yep. I was always confident Bazcorr would be signing........hopefully he can bag a few goals. Maybe Tis can bring the hidden goalscorer out in him. If not at least they have someone to get the balls out of trees at the cat and fiddle.

grantyno1

Preston term time, stoke canon otherwise!
Keep him fit and he could be a real find. Really liking the caliber of player we are being linked with and bringing in on trial, players from higher up looking to relaunch, young and hungry. Good stuff

robchave

Good call, Chalky. Any other snippits from your source?

chalkyno1

No new snippets from me forr the time being, will maybe retire with a perfect record, 1 prediction, 1 correct result.

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
This seems so long ago now; c'mon where are the other 4 signings? has the only black pen at the Cat & Fiddle run out of ink?

Sort it out Signemupthorpe :mad:

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
Interesting take on things from my reliable source at STFC :)

Corr - personally, and not just saying this, i could never see why he was so hyped by the town faithful - he had a decent goal record for a big 'un but was a liability in terms of how often he was out injured. In truth Paynter and Cox did so well together that Big Bazza would probably have been freed even without the injuries. That said he was highly thought of at Leeds and by Sturrock (who signed him twice) and in Eire quarters he was tipped as a future international 3 or 4 years ago.

He's about 6'3/6'4 and is a decent finisher but he is very, very slow and lacks real upper body strength - this is why he gets injured so much i reckon (shoulders, back etc keep going). He is technically decent at league one standard but needs a whippet alongside him otherwise he's very easy to go up tight on and press against.

I reckon he'll do ok for you if he stays injury free. If he'd been injury free from xmas onwards though he'd have been given a month-to-month at swindon. The better signing for you will be Chris Allen - from what ive heard he's spending the whole summer with you with a view to a 1 year deal. a light, ball playing central midfielder who should grow in to a heck of a player if given time. we freed him as we had too many "neat and tidy 5'9" types in the middle of the park already.

The best player we freed was Petr Brezovan (once described as the best goalkeeper outside the premier league) yet he hasnt got a club after 6 weeks as a free agent. a real steal for someone.

I was going to mention Petr Brezovan on the new keeper thread.

Chris Allen could become Gills replacement if he does well during his trial period?

The Whippet alongside Corr Fleetwood? could make a deadly pairing? Also worries me Sturrock signed him twice gulp ^o)