• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Contract negotiations....

eurogrecian

Although obviously under pressure (I for one think he cares), he kept his head early last season when many were losing theirs.
After some lean times, he's now got some cash to spend and our investment in youth is starting to pay dividends and produce some good young prospects.

The Club looks to be in a healthy position and he must bear a lot of credit for that, but not all, just as our previous troubles were not entirely his fault.

He's a perfect fit for a Trust and community Club like ours and when you look at what some others have to put up with: Steve Evans, Gary Johnson, Graham Westley, Gareth Ainsworth - the list is long, we should be grateful for a manager with a sense of honesty and decency.
(having said that, I still find some of his tactics as difficult to fathom out as his interviews!).

Matt Russell

Honesty and decency go a long way and as you point out are not universally held.
Whether his tactics/interviews are difficult to fathom or not, we're off to a flyer - let's be positive about that.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sorry for completely misjudging the general mood. I should know better really!

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm slightly confused. It says that the existing contract comes to an end in November 2018 which suggests that the notice on his rolling contract was served from 2016 which sounds about right. I'm not sure when we are less than 12 months into a notice period that the club feels it necessary to engage in negotiations to extend the current contract. Cynics might suggest it's a "rolling contract" under a different guise with the same result...
The security of a lengthier contract would be as important as the financials to a man with a young family. Having lost the security of the 2 year 'roller' a fixed term contract of, say, 2 years extension is not unreasonable considering where City are now, where we finished last season, and the windfall income he's helped generate in the meantime. The average tenure for a league manager is a year and a quarter, happy for our long serving and currently performing manager to be rewarded with a decent fixed term contract, it's well worth the risk.

malcolms

The security of a lengthier contract would be as important as the financials to a man with a young family. Having lost the security of the 2 year 'roller' a fixed term contract of, say, 2 years extension is not unreasonable considering where City are now, where we finished last season, and the windfall income he's helped generate in the meantime. The average tenure for a league manager is a year and a quarter, happy for our long serving and currently performing manager to be rewarded with a decent fixed term contract, it's well worth the risk.
Yes, but as I said, the two year "extension" would mean that if he signs it in October he will have a longer contract than he enjoyed under the previous arrangement, albeit supposedly a fixed term arrangement .... Why the hurry?

It appears that they want to replicate the rolling nature of the contract by renewing it far earlier than is necessary...

Last edited:

Nidds

While the two year rolling contract seemed extravagant this time last year, we now have three year contracts being given to players. Moxey and Stockley being two we know of. As the manager giving them out, it's not surprising he is looking for the same security.

fred binneys head

He should prove that they are successful signings before worrying about contract extensions - at the moment all he's done regarding those two is spend a lot of money.

malcolms

He should prove that they are successful signings before worrying about contract extensions - at the moment all he's done regarding those two is spend a lot of money.
In fairness to PT, it sounds like JT and the rest are the pushy party and as I said earlier, you have to wonder why???

Matt Russell

Might it be that they think we have something to lose?

PeteUSA

Yes, but as I said, the two year "extension" would mean that if he signs it in October he will have a longer contract than he enjoyed under the previous arrangement, albeit supposedly a fixed term arrangement .... Why the hurry?

It appears that they want to replicate the rolling nature of the contract by renewing it far earlier than is necessary...
This is dissapointing news. I thought the question of Tisdale's contract had been dealt with, and that he was serving two years notice. Now it appears the club are trying to figure out a way to make him happy? As malc says: Why the rush? Why is his contract discussion back in the media again, with it seems special meetings being publicised and held to deal with the topic? Theres no way at this point in time that the existing contract that he's (allegedly) serving notice on should be extended beyond two years.