• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Contract Extensions

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think Harry Lee is only 19
And

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think Harry Lee is only 19
g-n-h was referring I think to Harry (Kite) being nearly 24

JGrecian23

Get them signed up. Or at least make the offer. Would be great to work towards a homegrown spine of Lee, Diabete, Kite and Cox.

Unlikely given Kite and Lee being out of favour I know.

Reactions: WXF

suffolklad

Get them signed up. Or at least make the offer. Would be great to work towards a homegrown spine of Lee, Diabete, Kite and Cox.

Unlikely given Kite and Lee being out of favour I know.
what makes you think they are out of favour?

JGrecian23

what makes you think they are out of favour?
Hmmmmm I wonder?

Reactions: Ash

Grecianman135

I can see Cox signing on,I have a feeling Lee will be offski (hopefully not) and I think Cheick will sign ✍ get it sorted Gazza.

Not like I care but where's Gary Woods? is he injured apologies if blatantly obvious that he is.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can see Cox signing on,I have a feeling Lee will be offski (hopefully not) and I think Cheick will sign ✍ get it sorted Gazza.

Not like I care but where's Gary Woods? is he injured apologies if blatantly obvious that he is.
therein may lie the reason why we have heard nothing about Lee

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Indeed. Both will have seen what happened to Josh Key after he signed a 2.5 year contract with City. He had a stellar spell soon thereafter resulting in bids in successive transfer windows from (IIRC) Sunderland and Blackburn. City turned those offers down. And then Josh's form dropped off a bit (particularly when played out of position!). For a while it looked as if his chance of a big money move to a much bigger club might evaporate *because he'd signed a lengthy contract with ECFC*

I'm sure the agents for the best young City players will advise them against signing contracts that they tie them down for too long. They will want either shorter contracts than 3 years or a release clause.
My memory is that there was an assumption that Josh Key would be sold at the end of the promotion season but, in the end, that there were no suitable bids at that time.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hopefully we can build on the recent positive performances by making the most of the 2 week break to get a few more out-of-contract players to sign on the dotted line.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hopefully we can build on the recent positive performances by making the most of the 2 week break to get a few more out-of-contract players to sign on the dotted line.
Yesterday showed how important it is to have Chieck available and I hope he will sign along with Harry Lee. However, will Chieck want to be a bit part player at his age as Gary deffo sees Will as his number 1 CH.