• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Contract Extensions

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
While all the attention is rightly on the crucially important upcoming transfer window, I thought it might be worth creating a separate thread to keep track of any contract extensions.

• So far, I think Reece Cole is the only one to have agreed a contract extension.
  • Then we have Yanic, Caleb and Shaun McDonald all out of contract very soon.
  • The assumption seems to be that Demi, Harry and possibly Alex won't be extending their contracts.
  • Of the others who are out of contract I really hope we can get Cheick and Sonny to put pen to paper in the very near future.

Yanic & Caleb & Mc Donald, not fussed either way.
Chieck and Sonny, suspect they will be off with Alex & Sonny.
Harry Kite will be lucky to be offered another contract here.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yanic & Caleb & Mc Donald, not fussed either way.
Chieck and Sonny, suspect they will be off with Alex & Sonny.
Harry Kite will be lucky to be offered another contract here.
Given our problems in recruiting players we'd be absolutely bonkers not to offer Kite a contract.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’d be offering Sonny a 3 year deal asap (assuming we haven’t already). I was critical of him earlier this season, but he clearly wasn’t ready and he can’t be blamed for being thrown into the deep end due to our poor recruitment.

I was hugely impressed with him yesterday and he looks a different player. He’s still got a lot of development to come and we cant expect too much of him, but really hoping we tie him down and I’m expecting him to be a big player for us in the future. If becomes a consistent scorer then he’s a huge asset.

As for the others, I’d offer Yanic a deal till the summer. Get rid of Watts but maybe extend MacDonald as cover.

Losing Diabate and Lee will be huge blows long term - hopefully both will stay, but suspect they will want regular games. Hartridge can go IMO - on his day he’s excellent, but he’s more up and down than a yo yo.

fred binneys head

Gary Caldwell

Red red

Yanic definitely until end of season.
Macdonald no we need to be putting Harry Lee at least on the bench.
Diabete definitely
Kite definitely
Hartridge definitely
Cox definitely
Watts No

scottus86

We should be looking to secure Lee, Diabate, Cole, Kite, and Cox on 3 years deals making them the spine of our team for the next three years.

I like Hartridge but I expect he'll want a new challenge and will probably end up reuniting with Matt Taylor at the end of the season, perhaps Harry Kite too, sadly.

We should also be looking for Development loans for Theo Cutler for when the inevitable bids for Sonny Cox comes in. That means we'll have someone nearly ready for the first team.

With Mitchell's injury, it may be favourable for both parties if we offered him a new deal.

Wildshut probably deserves an extension until the end of the season if his injury isn't too bad.

Sweeney has a long term contract and is Mr Exeter City these days.

The rest of the senior squad are disposable and replacable.

andrew p long

Of course contract offers for next season and beyond has become much more tricky because we don't know what division we will be in, and thus how much we get from EFL payments.

tom_ecfc

Of course contract offers for next season and beyond has become much more tricky because we don't know what division we will be in, and thus how much we get from EFL payments.
The extra pasty sales will cover that no probs! 😉

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
What a difference Sonny and Cheick have made to the team since they started playing regularly. Really hope we can get them signed up for next season, although if they keep up their current form, I fear we may not be able to compete with the potential wages on offer.