• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Colchester United V's Exeter City Official Match Day Thread. LD2 Sunday 29th December 2019

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Had half a chance that was cleared off the line and put in a good cross...

Was a shame that...he didn’t seem to get any proper contact on it couldn’t have more than 18 inches off the goal line it looked like the two defenders just did enough to get in the way.

suffolklad

Can they now be forgiven for trying to burn down the Centre Spot?
Probably not, but the the guy who helped us went out of his way to do so and therefore deserved the thanks and praise.

ryancooper327

GrecianExile

Haven’t been on for a couple of days, switch on and see Pete is still talking a load of old tripe, I think it’s obvious now that he’s just a troll trying to wind people up, it works as well in fairness as every time I see his post it’s a negative one whatever it’s about but he certainly hates goalies yet never backs up his theories.

Maybe a new year resolution that he takes some happy pills and tries to be positive, I won’t hold my breath though

budegrecian

Whatever else happens, their run ends on the 25th Jan.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Good point and a great half season so far

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Haven’t been on for a couple of days, switch on and see Pete is still talking a load of old tripe, I think it’s obvious now that he’s just a troll trying to wind people up, it works as well in fairness as every time I see his post it’s a negative one whatever it’s about but he certainly hates goalies yet never backs up his theories.

Maybe a new year resolution that he takes some happy pills and tries to be positive, I won’t hold my breath though
And yet another see's the light !!

PeteUSA

And yet another see's the light !!

No, its not about seeing any light. The sad fact is that people that agree with me about that rank awful goal wont get involved or comment, for fear of being ridiculed by the likes of you, even though it really doesnt take any particular goalkeeping knowledge to recognise that Maxted should have advanced off of his line in a proper manner - with which he would have probably saved that shot that was straight at him. The bigger concern is that youngsters watching that will likely assume that Maxted's technique was the correct approach, when in fact it was amateurish at best.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
No, its not about seeing any light. The sad fact is that people that agree with me about that rank awful goal wont get involved or comment, for fear of being ridiculed by the likes of you, even though it really doesnt take any particular goalkeeping knowledge to recognise that Maxted should have advanced off of his line in a proper manner - with which he would have probably saved that shot that was straight at him. The bigger concern is that youngsters watching that will likely assume that Maxted's technique was the correct approach, when in fact it was amateurish at best.
It is clear that you believe what you have written. This is why I disagree with those that call you a troll. That is clearly not the case. You are just wrong, with unreasonable levels of expectation.

PeteUSA

It is clear that you believe what you have written. This is why I disagree with those that call you a troll. That is clearly not the case. You are just wrong, with unreasonable levels of expectation.

Thank you for that sensible response, Martin. You go back a long way with City as do I. I accept your expectation level point of view. I suppose I should also accept that Maxted is a basement league backup keeper for a reason. All that considered though, it totally gets my goat when I see goals conceeded such as Colchesters second. Dealing with situations like that would have been meat and drink to some of our keepers of the past, and not that long ago either. That was so stopable IMHO.