• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Colchester United v Exeter City Matchday Thread

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
My posts are in terms of quality a bit like most of tisdales striker signings a 1 in 8 average.

IndoMike

Is your Dad bigger than his Dad though ;)
Read the thread. Don't know about dads, but my d*ck is bigger than yours :). (Sorry to lower the tone, mods).

PeteUSA

Read the thread. Don't know about dads, but my d*ck is bigger than yours :). (Sorry to lower the tone, mods).
Photographic evidence please!

Pobbop

Bit of an odd question here, but does anyone else have Sport365 as a score alert, it's pretty decent normally and gives goals ahead of other sources, but did make me unnecessarily angry when it said 3-3 for this match, did retract about a minute later though, First time it's made a mistake like this that I know of.

IndoMike

Photographic evidence please!
Ok, but photoshopped

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Bit of an odd question here, but does anyone else have Sport365 as a score alert, it's pretty decent normally and gives goals ahead of other sources, but did make me unnecessarily angry when it said 3-3 for this match, did retract about a minute later though, First time it's made a mistake like this that I know of.
When I'm listening to the match I also "watch" the match on my Betfair account, which gives (about 30 seconds ahead of the commentary!) updates like "Exeter City Attack", "Shot on target" - they too said "Goal" and put it as 3-3 but very quickly said something like "Score cancelled, 2-3".

andrew p long

Lammie - I actually prefer to find out City have scored from your whoop of delight, rather than a commentator's technically accurate description (which is itself very welcome a few seconds later)-

It happens the other way round too,when the opposition home side score . Sohail says something like 'ball into the City box' and you can tell from the cheering that its gone in before he can describe it

andrew p long

Nobody minded then.... ' great line! where are Kiddy now..
Goalkeeping howler alert...like father like son...I'd been wondering where to post reference to Freddie Woodman yesterday at Kiddy for England Under 20s, but where could be more appropriate than a Colchester match day thread?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb-TqKF33Sg

Pete's analysis welcome but personally I think it is more the fault of the full back (Cameron Borthwick-Johnson)

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37276447

According to the BBC, it's our first League win of the season.

TotnesGrecian

I have Futbol24 which also gives scores way before Bet365 and other sources, but they also made the mistake of putting 3-3.

i think they only get the scores quicker than anyone else because they don't wait for the decision, they just see the ball hit the net and issue a score alert, where as Bet365 will wait for the referee to give a goal.