• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Colchester 14th November

Donna

Turn left out the station and straight up the Mile End Road! Probably easiest to get a cab from the station though, about £4. The shuttle buses are just outside the station next to the Big Yellow Warehouse if you want to get on that. Would be a shame if you didn't go into Colchester beforehand though, some decent pubs if you know where to look. I may be in the Kings Arms on Crouch Street.

I believe there was supposed to be a new junction on the A12 built as part of the new stadium, it never materialised.
Might be obvious for walking, they implied it wasn't for driving.

Just what the A12 needs, another junction around Colchester. Spent too long in bad traffic there on my way to/from Ipswich for many years.

Seen a bit of Colchester, wasn't impressed (ditto Ipswich). There is a large BT building/telephone exchange there that housed the kit driving the world's first ever working interactive television trial back in 1994 - 1995. Someone had to be mug enough to facilitate the problem management process for the whole things across multiple divisions of the company ...

pelsey

You can shove your stone island up your arse, this
Clap clap.

TimG

Clap from me. This will be my first away day since that oh so brilliant trip to the Don Valley so looking forward to this big time

Could someone confirm whether it is necessary to buy a ticket pre hand? i.e. Can city fans turn up and buy on the gate?
CG.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Could someone confirm whether it is necessary to buy a ticket pre hand? i.e. Can city fans turn up and buy on the gate?
CG.
Almost 100% sure it's not necessary. The Col U website advises tickets to be bought before the game, but the ticket office is open throughout, so I imagine even if you can't pay on the turnstile there will be an office to buy at.

I may give them a ring tomorrow just to find out.

Almost 100% sure it's not necessary. The Col U website advises tickets to be bought before the game, but the ticket office is open throughout, so I imagine even if you can't pay on the turnstile there will be an office to buy at.

I may give them a ring tomorrow just to find out.
Thanks Denzel.

Oli

I believe there was supposed to be a new junction on the A12 built as part of the new stadium, it never materialised.
Bloody town planners - I'll be there.

Grecian2K

Little tip [tap] that might work for anyone heading westbound down the A12?

There does look to be a highly convenient lay by right by the ground. A quick scramble up the embankment and you're there!!! [y]

PS: Might be wise, though, to put a note on the windscreen saying "Waiting for Breakdown Service"....plus another "Please Do Not Disturb the Pit Bulls" might be prudent too, in that part of the world ;)

PS: For all of those moaning about the new ground, the failing memory does seem to recall Layer Road being an indecent distance from the centre of Colchester too...
(Was any other ExeWebber there on that great (and ffffff*ckin fffffffreezing) day in Dec 1967 when, despite the floodlights failing [is that a peculiarly Essex thing where ECFC are concerned btw?] we booked our passage to our FIRST FA Cup meeting with ManUtd?)

TOP_CITY_FAN

Clap Clap x3 here. Making a weekend of it, and will be little brothers first away game.

Not for me.. still haven't forgotten being caught up in the fracas at layer road in the early 90's and the flag burning incident etc...

Chris