• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Club statement re fans behaviour

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hmmm, indeed.

Accuse me of saying something that I didn't say, I point out that I didn't say it, come back with posts of mine that, er, prove I didn't say it, I point this out, then get a bit of snide in return.

I must apologise to the good burghers of Exeweb for having to endure this tedium.
I'm just shaking me head Jason, sipping a nice Rioja (actually gulping), and waiting for your starship to land on Earth.

ImpsFan

A small number of your supporters were very vocal and a bit aggressive at the start of the game, a few ejected for refusing to move away from the front walkway and having a go at the stewards but it was all calmed down eventually. They were tightly packed into one corner of the stand because of the redevelopment, which can't have helped. Also some of our fans were taunting yours after the game, which was a bit unnecessary, but nothing serious. The possible assault on your kitman, if true, is more worrying, I was sitting near the tunnel but didn't see anything in the general melee; it may have just been an accident for which an apology is needed, but if deliberate action should of course be taken.
I genuinely would be surprised with any true assault on the kitman- even numpties (on both sides) have standards when it comes to geriatrics and physical violence.

Hopefully the club with deal with whatever they feel appropriate and we can all go back to watching the world cup and the transfer window. Only a couple of months until next season :)

IndoMike

I'd prefer gin if you're buying!
With or without tonic?

Colesman Ballz

Photo on post #43 is not a selfie.
Never said that it was Isca ! Do read posts properly in future before commenting on them, you've got the wrong end of the (selfie)stick there old chum ! ;)

iscalad

Never said that it was Isca ! Do read posts properly in future before commenting on them, you've got the wrong end of the (selfie)stick there old chum ! ;)
Er, did you not ask how long his selfie stick was? Or was that innuendo? :)

"IF YOU DIDN'T GO on the pitch, perhaps you can tell us exactly where you took your photo in post #43 from ? Were you using a thirty foot long selfie stick, or illegally flying a camera drone over the crowds ??????? "

Last edited:

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I genuinely would be surprised with any true assault on the kitman- even numpties (on both sides) have standards when it comes to geriatrics and physical violence.

Hopefully the club with deal with whatever they feel appropriate and we can all go back to watching the world cup and the transfer window. Only a couple of months until next season :)
Amen to that. If we don't win at Wembley and stay in L2 with you, I would hope that friendly rivalry rather than bitterness will be the longer term outcome. At least we will have more room next season. I'm not the greatest fan of your style of play, but outside the white lines there should be no enmity.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hiram mate, would you like to slowly go round for a lap of a two sided pitch for a jolly good clap or...

As for the “incident”, I guess we’ll see - I highly doubt someone would deliberately punch an old man whilst celebrating. Lincoln moan about everything so wouldn’t be surprised if they hyped that a little.

As for Lincoln fans, gobby bunch up there and down here so pleased to put them in their place.
I don't have a huge issue with pitch invasions per se, but at the risk of being labelled an old fogey...

In days gone by I can recall fans running on the pitch and then, some five or 10 minutes later, the players appearing in the director's box in the old grandstand to be given the ovation they deserved. Clearly, that's no longer an option.

Like you, I enjoyed watching the interaction between Hiram and the supporters, but what of the other 16 players, not to mention the coaching staff, all of whom appeared to 'escape' down the tunnel pretty sharpish and, that being the case, didn't get the ovation they so richly deserved?! For me, football is all about emotion but because of the pitch invasion, Hiram aside, I was denied the opportunity to see the players' / coaches' emotion on the final whistle.

Now, I appreciate this would be easier said than done, but what about some kinda halfway house whereby the players come across to the big bank and the main stand to take the applause for a minute or two before those who are so inclined run on to the pitch?

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hiram mate, would you like to slowly go round for a lap of a two sided pitch for a jolly good clap or...

As for the “incident”, I guess we’ll see - I highly doubt someone would deliberately punch an old man whilst celebrating. Lincoln moan about everything so wouldn’t be surprised if they hyped that a little.

As for Lincoln fans, gobby bunch up there and down here so pleased to put them in their place.
I don't have a huge issue with pitch invasions per se, but at the risk of being labelled an old fogey...

In days gone by I can recall fans running on the pitch and then, some five or 10 minutes later, the players appearing in the director's box in the old grandstand to be given the ovation they deserved. I'm reasonably sure that's what happened in our fourth division championship season.

Like you, I enjoyed watching the interaction between Hiram and the supporters, but what of the other 16 players, not to mention the coaching staff, all of whom appeared to 'escape' down the tunnel pretty sharpish and, that being the case, didn't get the ovation they so richly deserved?! For me, football is all about emotion but because of the pitch invasion, Hiram aside, I was denied the opportunity to see the players' / coaches' emotion on the final whistle.

Now, I appreciate this would be easier said than done, but what about some kinda halfway house whereby the players come across to the big bank and the main stand to take the applause for a minute or two before those who are so inclined run on to the pitch?

Colesman Ballz

Er, did you not ask how long his selfie stick was? Or was that innuendo? :)
No the only innuendo was that he didn't have ridiculously oversized members, and was therefore in need of some artificial assistance. Just a bit of 'armless fun really ! :$

jrg333

Does anyone genuinely believe that, in this day and age, if any 'assault' had taken place that it wouldn't be plastered all over social media by now?

I was sat above the dugout for 10-15 minutes after the final whistle. I did see the kit man looking shaken up but I didn't see any assaults. There were about 400 people or more filming everything with their phones, including a large proportion of the Lincoln fans.

No one is pressing charges and not a shred of video evidence has emerged. In 2018 at a busy public event this virtually guarantees that no assaults took place.

The tone of some of the posters here is so miserable. People who are complaining about 'goading' and 'foul language' in a football stadium, haven't you got anything better to do?!