• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Club statement re fans behaviour

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
No need to go on the pitch, such pathetic, embarrassing childish behaviour so soon after the embarrassment of the Stevenage game ;(
:D it’s the only decent way of celebrating a result that. Clap and applaud as the players do laps? Hahaha

Hiram was absolutely loving it, these are young lads in their 20s playing for us, that’s what it feels like to be heroes.

Also:

Swanaldo

I dont know how many TV companies were covering this match, but I assume it was just the one - Sky. I watched the ESPN version provided by Sky and the coverage of the fans on the pitch seemed to go on forever. I was looking at everybody on the pitch after the game since I wanted to see if I recognised anybody. Nowhere did I see any of the fracas that apparently took place with the kitman etc. I dont think there is any useful footage for the powers that be to study to determine what happened.
The club has its own CCTV, Pete. They don't rely on the occasional visit from Sky for their crime prevention and detection needs.

Last edited:

Grecian Max

Hiram mate, would you like to slowly go round for a lap of a two sided pitch for a jolly good clap or...

As for the “incident”, I guess we’ll see - I highly doubt someone would deliberately punch an old man whilst celebrating. Lincoln moan about everything so wouldn’t be surprised if they hyped that a little.

As for Lincoln fans, gobby bunch up there and down here so pleased to put them in their place.

Last edited:

PeteUSA

The club has its own CCTV, Pete. They don't rely on the occasional visit from Sky for their crime prevention and detection needs.
Ah, I hadnt thought of that. There own CCTV will probably show us in a bad light.

Swanaldo

There own CCTV will probably show us in a bad light.
What are you suggesting? Is Taggy climbing back in through an open window in the Doble to erase the tapes? Was the kit man a plant? A second YouTuber on the grassy knoll?

PeteUSA

What are you suggesting? Is Taggy climbing back in through an open window in the Doble to erase the tapes? Was the kit man a plant? A second YouTuber on the grassy knoll?
I haven't the foggiest idea what you're talking about! Some of your "suggestions" are a bit near the mark I would have thought?

IndoMike

:D it’s the only decent way of celebrating a result that. Clap and applaud as the players do laps? Hahaha

Hiram was absolutely loving it, these are young lads in their 20s playing for us, that’s what it feels like to be heroes.

Also:

Taggy's enjoying it, anyway, and so he should.

PeteUSA

The average age of some of the fans surrounding Taggy appears to be about 14! Look at the kid on the left. The idiot in that other picture who's taunting Rhead doesnt look a day over 13! Whats it coming to.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Yep, I enjoyed watching everyone on the pitch celebrating. Proper party. (y)

IndoMike

Yep, I enjoyed watching everyone on the pitch celebrating. Proper party. (y)
The reason why most of us love football is the excitement, emotion, and joy. OK, strictly speaking fans shouldn't invade the pitch, but as long as they behave themselves imo it's not a terrible thing to do. if you take away that joy, what's the point? And it's hard to contain that joy. Some of the old fogeys don't like it, but that's because they can't climb over the fence ;). But the fans
that run on the pitch should not abuse or attack anyone. Lets see if someone actually attacked the Lincoln kit man or whether he was accidentally a victim of an exuberant crowd. If he was attacked - ban for life.

Last edited: