• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Claims to fame

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
*Was a film extra in an Eddie Murphy film whilst at the New York Apple Store. Never saw the film but got ****** off because nobody could leave the store until filming had stopped
I was in NYC in 1996 walking down 5th Avenue with a mate & before we knew it we were the background shots(among many others) of the film One Fine Day,which starred Michelle Pfeiiffer i believe...

Had a beer with Malcolm Owen of the Ruts...(RIP)...Top man...What a waste.

Had a chat with Richard Fairbrass in a obscure pub in Wales & bizzarely bumped into him again at LA airport about 3 years later....Weird..

Last edited:

wemissmoxey

I've seen Ben Watson and Neil Saunders play football.

Swanaldo

I once walked down a country lane in the company of the upstart and Nigel Blackwell. Then me and the upstart went on a see-saw. It was the greatest day of my life.

Jersey Tone

I had a drink and a chat with Woody, the Drummer in Madness, outside the Globe pub opposite Baker Street tube station.

Also had a chat with Alec Stewart (England cricketer) in the oldvShed end grandstand at Chelsea.

downthetrack

Was checking in at LA Airport, Stephen Fry was checking in at the next desk.Didn't see him again, think he went upstairs,i turned right.

Grumpy Grecian

exeweb.com friend
Once caddied for ex world snooker champion Ray Reardon when he played golf at Budleigh.

GG

My parents were attending a private party at which Whitesnake were playing. After a couple of tracks My dad got so incensed that he asked David Coverdale to turn it down a bit.
When they continued to play at the same level, he pulled the plugs on them!

angelic upstart

I once walked down a country lane in the company of the upstart and Nigel Blackwell. Then me and the upstart went on a see-saw. It was the greatest day of my life.
Ah yes, Nigel informed you that you could get phone signal at the top of the local church. We met exewebber Bob Wilson, who correctly had us down as a pair of drunken idiots. We managed to blag a lift home and had earlier tried and failed, somewhat miserably to break into Butlins Minehead.

On topic, I once gave Barry Norman (erstwhile presenter of the popular BBC show "Film 86" and ""Film 87" alongside a few others) directions to raddenstil Lane in Exmouth. I was on Gypsy lane myself at the time, so it was remarkably easy.

witty83

i've been on soccer am!!!

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
When I worked up at Bristol I was had a 2 second appearance as an extra in an episode of Casualty that was being filmed at Temple Meads one evening