• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Citys 'problem' fans at home and away

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm really not sure how this fits in with what happened on Saturday?

Anyone know what happened to the Northampton fan who was so incensed by Christy Pym, stopping the time-wasting by Sam Foley?
Did he run through the gap and try to hit Christy? It was quite hard to see from where we were sat.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Did he run through the gap and try to hit Christy? It was quite hard to see from where we were sat.
As far as I could tell he tried to run through the gap when Christy took out the Northampton player, then again at full time. Not sure why he wasn't ejected after the first attempt.

Dannyred

Again I was fully aware of all of that, the Club, Trust and RL do talk to each other.

Maybe beacuse I was pretty lucky to have grown up regularly watching and attending bigger clubs when I was younger that I've just got use to people swearing at matches or maybe I'm just not uptight and actually realise that swearing happens at sporting events.

Sadly if you didn't have the RL (who arnt to blame for these chants I must stress) you wouldn't hear much at SJP, as has been proven on a few occasions now.

Maybe I don't want to hear about all the community stuff and how we are so much different as a club all the time and just want to see us finally get promoted. I've not called anyone pathetic or got into arguments over it I've just carried on with doing my RL stuff and having a positive effect on a club I love.

I've seen all these messages about how bad it is etc but no one has actually said how they would go about stopping it or willing to give up there time to help the club or the trust. Great thing we have here at City but sadly the mentaily is I'll just moan on the Internet and it's someone else job to sort it.
It’s Not just the foul language it’s also the vile chants to attack players and even the Northampton mascot who will like the players have family members listening to it is simply embarrassing.

Do the RL know many songs without foul language so ALL city fans can join in ?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It’s Not just the foul language it’s also the vile chants to attack players and even the Northampton mascot who will like the players have family members listening to it is simply embarrassing.

The Red Legion weren't present at Northampton, therefore they can't be held responsible for what happened at Northampton.

i8cornwall

OK. Thanks for the reply. I meant flags connected to Ulster and its union with the UK.
/QUOTE]

Oh I think I know the flags youre on about.

No there not Legion flags or owned by any memebers of the group. Pretty much all our flags and banners are either about the group or city.

The only one that might be slightly different is one I'm thinking of getting made to do with City and Nuremberg.

i8cornwall

Yeah as I've told the club 99.9% have no foul language in them.

I'm slightly amused as to where this myth that all our sones have bad language in them came from.

How would you go about sorting this all out then?

Dannyred

Yeah as I've told the club 99.9% have no foul language in them.

I'm slightly amused as to where this myth that all our sones have bad language in them came from.

How would you go about sorting this all out then?
So will the RL make a stand against foul language & sexist songs from now on to give every fan that opportunity to sing along & be involved?

I think some fans believe all this is coming from the RL which is a shame if not true.

I am a strong believer in pro city songs that support the players wearing the city shirt, do the players want to hear fans singing we hate argyle who cares about them (league 1) or chanting embarrassing rubbish, we need to support our team with pro city songs.

UTC
Yes the club have a big responsibility to stamp this out now but the RL as a vocal point also have a responsibility to sing songs that All fans can sing along to whether there young boys or girls or old men or old ladies.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
/QUOTE]

Oh I think I know the flags youre on about.

No there not Legion flags or owned by any memebers of the group. Pretty much all our flags and banners are either about the group or city.

The only one that might be slightly different is one I'm thinking of getting made to do with City and Nuremberg.
OK. Just doing my Sherlock Holmes thing. If you're fishing re your last comment, I'm as slippery as an eel.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
OK. Just doing my Sherlock Holmes thing. If you're fishing re your last comment, I'm as slippery as an eel.
:D. :D.......I was trying to think of a connection !

RobG

These chants are why so many people would rather go to the rugby. Such a shame.