• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City sign goalkeeper....

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I dont think it matters whos first choice for the remaining games, since we're safe and have nothing to play for. I would have thought that Armstrong-Ford character might have had a shot, in order to see if hes capable of League One football. We really dont have a keeper that fits the bill at the moment, and it appears we need to go after yet another keeper to fill the most important spot on the pitch! I really dont believe we should put all our eggs in one basket by going after Hamer though. Hes still got a lot of improving to do. The reasons are obvious as to why hes had so many clubs in a short space of time.
Here we go again. I doubt you'd be satisfied if we had Peter Shilton in goal! :D

older-codger

After Shilton's last appearance at the park, neither would I

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Here we go again. I doubt you'd be satisfied if we had Peter Shilton in goal! :D
Peter Shilton is 61 now, so I doubt if he'd be up to it anymore.

[with apologies to Bill Shankley]

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Peter Shilton is 61 now, so I doubt if he'd be up to it anymore.

[with apologies to Bill Shankley]
Not now :p When he was at his prime (not on come dancing by the way)

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not now :p When he was at his prime (not on come dancing by the way)
Rather have Pat Jennings or Peter Schmeichel, 2 best keepers I've ever seen in over 50 years watching the game.

Red the Paper

Banned
Shilton was sh*t and always let England down. Never got near a single penalty against the Germans and was outjumped by a dwarf. He was crap at cards too.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Pah - keepers have NEVER been as good since they stopped wearing tweedy flat-caps and chunky-knit, faded gree(ish), wooly-pullys, I tell 'ee.

FACT

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pah - keepers have NEVER been as good since they stopped wearing tweedy flat-caps and chunky-knit, faded gree(ish), wooly-pullys, I tell 'ee.

FACT
What have the Federation Against Copyright theft got to do with goalkeepers?

Surely PeteUSA has the copyright on threads about goalkeepers :D

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Surely PeteUSA has the copyright on threads about goalkeepers :D
There is no copyright on ideas - even bad ones ;-)