• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City sign goalkeeper....

Number13

I am happy enough with most of the squad but would love to see us go and get a really good established keeper, even if it makes him one of the best paid of the squad. Its a postion where experience is key and it would help our somewhat (and sometimes) flaky defence no end. Look at the mess Arsenal get in because Wenger wont buy a keeper. We are set up to do it. Artur would be a more than capable Cup and back up keeper to a really good No1. I know Tis likes to see the kids come through, as we all do, but I am sure Gwinnett likes to coach someone with some real quality.

mammooman

FA Cup and Premier League medal winner, ex-Man Utd keeper Roy Carroll is set to sign for Barnet after playing several times for their reserves.....

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
FA Cup and Premier League medal winner, ex-Man Utd keeper Roy Carroll is set to sign for Barnet after playing several times for their reserves.....
He got lured by Mad Dog!

PeteUSA

Hamer obviously exudes confidence and instills that into the defence in front of him. His distribution is first class particularly those Pepe Reina type low tragectory kicks upfield. He possesses all the qualities that were so sadly lacking in Jonah, and still are in Krysiak (who I dont think will make a keeper as long as he's got a hole in his ass). I'm aware that the defence are more relaxed with him at the back, and feel they can get on with their job. He does however have one downside - he lets in goals far too easily! He was at fault with at least two goals that gifted Yeovil an unlikely win from nowhere, and he should have done a whole lot better in the game at Colchester. I know we were ultimately down to nine men, but he seemed all over the place with each goal he conceded. That Olympic Medal winning dive when he let in their fifth was commendable, but I would have much preferred it that he'd done it BEFORE the ball hit the back of the net!

Not for us I'm afraid.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It'll be interesting if he is first choice over Artur when Hamer returns back to Reading!

Grecian_in_Plymouth

Yet another failing in the clubs ambition. Why did we not go for Given?

lightie and likee

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
It'll be interesting if he is first choice over Artur when Hamer returns back to Reading!
That's probably why we took him on early, so that Tis can take a look before deciding whether to pitch Artur in for the last two games.

PeteUSA

I dont think it matters whos first choice for the remaining games, since we're safe and have nothing to play for. I would have thought that Armstrong-Ford character might have had a shot, in order to see if hes capable of League One football. We really dont have a keeper that fits the bill at the moment, and it appears we need to go after yet another keeper to fill the most important spot on the pitch! I really dont believe we should put all our eggs in one basket by going after Hamer though. Hes still got a lot of improving to do. The reasons are obvious as to why hes had so many clubs in a short space of time.

greenawayr

lightie and likee
You put yourself forward to play on a non-contract basis Glyn? Ask not what ECFC can do for you, but what you can do for ECFC!

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's probably why we took him on early, so that Tis can take a look before deciding whether to pitch Artur in for the last two games.
Four actually - Hamer leaves after the Orient game.

I would imagine Tis has told Wood that he has a chance of playing if he impresses in training.