• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City pictures

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Must of shared a coach or two with you over the years I reckon this was about the time I did a lot of my travelling away - was this the 'Go With Gordon' era ?
Go With Gordon was a bit earlier..That was mad 😁😁..The make up of the travellers on there was 15-22.

A lot of travelling from 1986 onwards was on a Dartline coach or a hired minibus..The Supporters Club ran that.It was a bit more sensible(no booze sold on board)than Go with Gordon.

I expect we were on the same trips..Someone took a photo of us all(about 30 regulars in those days) beside the coach,I would love to see that.
My away attire usually consisted of a flying jacket in the winter.
Pic is from 86/87 after the midweeker at Hartlepool.3B905E47-31D6-4851-B7EB-C85EABC84510.jpeg

Oldsmobile-88

A great photo exhibition in the Centre Spot yesterday(blown up shots on the wall)
A few that I had not seen before.
My favourite was Tony Kellow leaving the pitch after the Leicester FAC game holding the match ball.
A few more recent(colour)photos 1990s onwards were also excellent.But you can’t beat the black & white shots.

Oldsmobile-88

This one..
7E283389-06B5-47B1-ADFB-EAC30CD62366.jpeg

PeteUSA

What a great picture. This is the game where Kellow smashed that penalty past Mark Wallington into the roof of the net!

(A pity this new memory lane thread has been installed at the top of the page. It would do a lot better down below amongst the other threads IMHO.)

Oldsmobile-88

(A pity this new memory lane thread has been installed at the top of the page. It would do a lot better down below amongst the other threads IMHO.)
It will get lost there Pete..People will soon get used to the sub forum.

Dannyred

There was a great picture of the whole team lined up waving to the cowshed before kick off against aldershot in 77 Did see that pic on here but can’t find it now.

LOG

I hope it's ok to put this on here but the Trust had a selection of signed Tony Kellow pics available to buy. I'm not entirely sure what there's left but this was one of them.

Rosencrantz

I hope it's ok to put this on here but the Trust had a selection of signed Tony Kellow pics available to buy. I'm not entirely sure what there's left but this was one of them.

As far as City goes...this is the definition of "Iconic" isn't it?

Oldsmobile-88

As far as City goes...this is the definition of "Iconic" isn't it?
As a non action football photo,that has got to be the best Exeter City photo.

Pretty sure it was in one of the National papers ?

Rosencrantz

As a non action football photo,that has got to be the best Exeter City photo.

Pretty sure it was in one of the National papers ?
Just fractionally too young to remember. Three City related pictures come to my mind really. That one, Martyn Rogers "rocket" against Newcastle and Inglethorpe at Old Trafford walking down the touchline at full time.