• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City Moments You Wished You Could See Again

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Remember a 2-2 draw at Shrewsbury about 10 or 15 years ago. We were 2 down and out of it... Think it was flack and Moxey with 2 goals in injury time in front of the away end. Never seen the footage...
That away end was crazy, I can remember Flacky scaling the fence with loads of City fans clambering up the other side.

Spoonz Red E

Also, a 2 nil away win at gravesend when Les Afful saw red... Appreciate these are probably a bit niche... But the big moments Ive seen a million times.
Speaking of Les Afful.
The header he scored against Bideford at SJP in the Devon Bowl.

Colesman Ballz

Speaking of Les Afful too.

Anyone want to fess up about doctoring his Wikipedia entry ?

There is a piece in there, about having signed FGR he was called up for the England National Game XI squad and played against Holland in the European Trophy decider, SCORING FIFTEEN GOALS IN ONE HALF ! Lol !

Dannyred

Love to see the last home match of the 76/77 season. That was a great day. Also later the packed high st outside the guildhall. Great times.

fred binneys head

That away end was crazy, I can remember Flacky scaling the fence with loads of City fans clambering up the other side.
Yep, I was there and I was on that fence.

Alistair20000

Speaking of Les Afful too.

Anyone want to fess up about doctoring his Wikipedia entry ?

There is a piece in there, about having signed FGR he was called up for the England National Game XI squad and played against Holland in the European Trophy decider, SCORING FIFTEEN GOALS IN ONE HALF ! Lol !
You will track down the culprit with a single implement and without leaving the house Mr Ballz: a mirror.

Who else would want to read LSA’s Wiki page :) I only visited it as a result of your post. Made I larf mind.

iscalad

Against Torquay in 1975. If I remember rightly, Binney scored a great solo goal, in the pouring rain. I also think this was the game where the new home stand was opened and City fans were asked not to stand there. Cue invasion of City going in one end as the Turks exited the other.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Sunderland in 1931. I want to see how we packed that many people in to the ground!

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is there someone somewhere with a big stash of these videos. There definitely were highlights of a lot of these games knocking about at the time. Are they all lost in the sands of time, or does someone somewhere have a big cache? Would be great if the club could upload some old videos during the current time when a lot of people are bored, kicking their heels. Fair enough the real historic matches, but I'm thinking more about the second rung matches in the memory... the ones that people remember fondly, but haven't quite entered the folkloric level or with tons of videos already over youtube. BTW - can't even find the 2-1 win at Argyle in the trophy with the Nardiello winner, apart from some dodgy gonzo-fan cam work.

Oldsmobile-88

Is there someone somewhere with a big stash of these videos. There definitely were highlights of a lot of these games knocking about at the time. Are they all lost in the sands of time, or does someone somewhere have a big cache? Would be great if the club could upload some old videos during the current time when a lot of people are bored, kicking their heels. Fair enough the real historic matches, but I'm thinking more about the second rung matches in the memory... the ones that people remember fondly, but haven't quite entered the folkloric level or with tons of videos already over youtube. BTW - can't even find the 2-1 win at Argyle in the trophy with the Nardiello winner, apart from some dodgy gonzo-fan cam work.
There are a few gems in the Grecians on TV thread on the Exeter City Memories sub forum.