• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City Moments You Wished You Could See Again

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Santos Gaia's header at Charlton in the FAC match is 2003. Can't remember many goals celebrated like that.

I think it's available behind a paywall on the Charlton website, but I'd love to see it again.
Thought we put in one hell of a performance that day against a top 10 Prem side and were very unlucky not to come away with at least a replay.

DB9

Strange one but the moment R&L were arrested in 2003, I'm sure it was on the local news at the time, One of them was shouting at the camera how innocent they were and the truth will out, As far as those two it did, Guilty!!

Alistair20000

Lammie was a "pussycat" when compared with Barry Corr in his spell with us !
Loved Barry Corr me.

Mark Tyler

The day the gantry ladder was removed to leave Chris Fear stranded !

iscalad

I remember Argyle fans doing the same to Gary Newborn in the mid 70s when we played there.

Red Devon

There could be a risk of that happening next time Michelle Owen comes to the Park😃

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Remember a 2-2 draw at Shrewsbury about 10 or 15 years ago. We were 2 down and out of it... Think it was flack and Moxey with 2 goals in injury time in front of the away end. Never seen the footage...

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Remember a 2-2 draw at Shrewsbury about 10 or 15 years ago. We were 2 down and out of it... Think it was flack and Moxey with 2 goals in injury time in front of the away end. Never seen the footage...
Also, a 2 nil away win at gravesend when Les Afful saw red... Appreciate these are probably a bit niche... But the big moments Ive seen a million times.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
One of the best atmospheres I can remember was a 2-1 defeat at torquay with 10 men. Relegation haunted, Chris Curran got sent off early, then we went 1 down. From that point, we really fought... Rawlins on equalised, but we eventually lost. But could see the green shoots... The heart and the drive... And we avoided the drop. Jason Rees turned out for Torquay.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
One of the best atmospheres I can remember was a 2-1 defeat at torquay with 10 men. Relegation haunted, Chris Curran got sent off early, then we went 1 down. From that point, we really fought... Rawlins on equalised, but we eventually lost. But could see the green shoots... The heart and the drive... And we avoided the drop. Jason Rees turned out for Torquay.
Would love to see footage of that Rawlinson equaliser... Suspect its lost in the black hole of football history now though.