• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City fan paralysed

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
Saw this is the paper back along too.
Maybe a bucket collection would be in order?
Yeah, and maybe a collection tin on the bar in the spot? Lots of loose change flying about

Mrs Herbie

My Son play's for Saint Martin's which is in Exminster, We have been hearing so much on James, and it seemed James was going to be a long time recovering but it was sounding quite positive, with movement in his arms!
Very sad to hear James will be in a wheelchair.
Whatever you do to raise fund's for James count us Herbie's in, keep us posted on any plans or give a shout if I can help in any way.

Is it worth asking the club or Martin Lawrence if there is a spare game to put the buckets collection's around for James?

Nik Saunders

Keen Exeter City fan James (Jimbo) Gould aged just 17 from Exminster has been left paralysed from the chest down, following a tragic pool accident. I am sure you will all join me in wishing him well. James has now been transfered to Sailsbury hospital for further treatment but has been told that his future will be in a wheelchair. I am aiming to hold a gift auction to raise funds for his future needs mainly a wheelchair and would appreciate any other fund raising ideas, his friends are already organising a sponsord cycle ride as they are all bike mad. If anyone would like to offer a gift for the auction or a donation it would be well recieved.

Come on EXEWEBBERS THIS IS ONE OF OURS

Nik Nak
If Exeter City Disabled Supporters Association can do anything to help James and his family please can you send me a pm with details.

Our best wishes goes to James and his Family.

Nick Saunders
ECDSA Chairman

information_ministry

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nik Nak
I sent you a PM (hope you got it)

Dream-A-Way (see www.dream-a-way.co.uk ) would be happy to consider offering him a free holiday anywhere he wants to go.

i_m

B

Barmy Grecian

Poor bloke I would put in a couple of quid in the bucket collection,any idea on his condition at the momment, I really hope he may be able to walk again. Because you never know , sometimes people are told they will never walk but actually do.

Nik Nak

James is doing well although he has 70 per cent use of his arms and no feeling in his fingers and is still paralysed from the chest down. So many kind words and offers of support have been offered it is unreal. The Express & Echo are going to assist with publicity with our fund raising. To all of you that have offered a donation may I ask that you send cheque or postal order to me but made payable to James Gould, It would also be great if you could confirm a donation but not the ammount unless you wish to do so on this thread in order to keep it on top. James is determined to see this through and will give it his all to get back to colledge so the least we can do is to help him in his hour of need, I will keep you all updadted on his progress.

Cheque's should be sent to

Nick Bolt
17 Ivy Close
Exeter
EX2 5LX

Nik Nak

Nik Nak
I sent you a PM (hope you got it)

Dream-A-Way (see www.dream-a-way.co.uk ) would be happy to consider offering him a free holiday anywhere he wants to go.

i_m
Yes many thanks for your pm but as I am sure you will agree getting James out of hospital is our main priority, then we can look at his needs and then contact dream-away to orgonise something for him. You have have sent a post that I am sure his parents will be so happy to receive and I am sure that either they or I will be in touch in the future. I cant thank you enough for yor kind offer of support

Nick

Nik Nak

Just got this link from the Express & Echo for those that have not read it although I am still awaiting a link to the full story.

http://www.thisisexeter.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=136993&command=displayContent&sourceNode=231418&home=yes&more_nodeId1=137002&contentPK=18463985

Nick

Ginsters girl

donation in the post

i'd also like to pass on my best wishes to James and his family

scholsey

sorry to hear about this. I wish him all the best!
I think a buket collection would be a great idea! I would definately throw in as much money as i could.
I would be happy to help in any way i could in raising money!
Maybe a sponsered swim?
I done a sponsered swim years ago and raised 250-300ish pound alone! Pm me if you need help with anything!