• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Christy - So far, so good?

Terryhall

If Pym is a done deal for January do u think we will actually replace him? Is hamon the Only squad goalie then?
There was a younger lad named Keadall on the bench for the JPT match against Coventry when Pym was on England U-20 duty. Can't recall his first name (Kyle? Kane? Not sure now.)

GrecianWonder

There was a younger lad named Keadall on the bench for the JPT match against Coventry when Pym was on England U-20 duty. Can't recall his first name (Kyle? Kane? Not sure now.)
I believe its Keagan.

Terryhall

Terryhall

Yes Manc, the chap from Ashford gave us the heads up on that one.

- Kavanagh Keadell -
This is the chap (quoted from the Coventry JPT match day thread)

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
This is the chap (quoted from the Coventry JPT match day thread)
I think he's 16 years old.

Terryhall

I think he's 16 years old.
Yep, said above that he was younger (again wasn't sure of the exact age - certainly not suggesting he is a replacement for Pym, just someone specifically asked if we have another keeper and, technically, we do.)

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
That is simply because he is carp

He isn't crap, nor is he about to start playing at the highest level imo. He is a keeper who improved over time with us and I think he will have a reasonable career.

If pym left I am sure we would sign an experienced keeper even if hamon was made number one initially. Wouldn't complain if Artur ever came back but there are also plenty of other keepers to choose from out there as generally most clubs prefer to have one who plays regularly. That's why a keeper needs patience if he finds himself on the bench.

On the up

If Pym is a done deal for January do u think we will actually replace him? Is hamon the Only squad goalie then?
Absolutely, think we would look to bring in an experienced keeper if Pym left. The team has done so well, the club is now looking at the chance of promotion. Be tough to mount a real challenge with 19 and 16yr old keepers.

PeteUSA

Be tough to mount a real challenge with 19 and 16yr old keepers.
Try telling Tisdale that, he hasn't got the sense he was born with when it comes to judging goalkeepers. Also, as others have said previously, Pym shouldnt get too carried away with this England Cap thing. Theres a scarcity of keepers in the Under 20 catagory, and Boothroyd isnt exactly spoiled for choice with contenders. Its great that a City player has won actual England caps while actually playing for us, but this could easily change when he turns 20. In my time, I dont recall a full England keeper at 5'10" but that could of course change.

flack attack

Try telling Tisdale that, he hasn't got the sense he was born with when it comes to judging goalkeepers. Also, as others have said previously, Pym shouldnt get too carried away with this England Cap thing. Theres a scarcity of keepers in the Under 20 catagory, and Boothroyd isnt exactly spoiled for choice with contenders. Its great that a City player has won actual England caps while actually playing for us, but this could easily change when he turns 20. In my time, I dont recall a full England keeper at 5'10" but that could of course change.
I think it's fair to say that this is fact, rather than opinion. May I be the first to suggest that, whilst Tisdale's tenuous grip of outfield first team affairs has steered us into the play-off positions, clearly the only way that we can maintain, let alone improve upon that, would be if he were to be stripped of all decisions pertaining to goalkeepers. I don't want to be too hasty on this so, before I start a petition which, regardless of its outcome I shall claim responsibility for any future club success over the next decade for having started it, Pete...what would you be thinking in terms of financial remuneration were you to become the ECFC goalkeeper scout and selector? This is a serious question as I don't want to start that petition if you're not actually prepared to take the post or I'll look a right idiot...