• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Christy - So far, so good?

Who does this refer to ??

For the record I think Wee Pym has generally done a decent job for City, i.e. I don't think he is turd however as a keeper I feel he is limited and I also think he is miles away from a move to the Premiership, if I am wrong I will happily eat my words.
It appears he is being badly advised. Better for him to knuckle down and learn his craft at City for a couple of years rather get the move up way too early which could do more harm than good

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
It appears he is being badly advised. Better for him to knuckle down and learn his craft at City for a couple of years rather get the move up way too early which could do more harm than good
So we've got a keeper "learning his craft" in our time over a two year period? It might not even be his craft.

angelic upstart

So we've got a keeper "learning his craft" in our time over a two year period? It might not even be his craft.
To clarify, Christy Pym has made 28 first team appearances as goalkeeper for Exeter. This would clearly suggest that his favoured position is goalkeeper.

Ex player of the year Paul Jones had made 49 appearances in the conference at a similar age.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Bittners a Legend

I agree. I suppose the huge financial gulf between what we can offer and what clubs higher up the pyramid can offer probably doesn't help.

As somebody that was unsure how someone who is, in goalkeeping terms, a kid would deal with being chucked in the deep end I have been quite impressed. I think he is a long, long way off being anything more than a competent fourth division keeper but given he is only 19 (?) there is obviously potential there. The height/presence thing is obviously genuinely an issue in my opinion but that aside when you look at what he has done so far in his City career I think it is generally impressive.

I think it's a shame he doesn't have an experienced goalie to compete with and perhaps somebody that, with experience in the game, can have a quiet word in his ear to stop him getting too far ahead of himself (assuming his head has been turned and it isn't just an invented story).

Personally regardless of the truth I think we should cut the young man some slack.

Grecian2K

Artur on the bench for Yo-vile tonight, I note.

Artur on the bench for Yo-vile tonight, I note.
That is simply because he is carp

Well-known Exeweb poster
That is simply because he is carp
nah he's a top keeper soon to play at amuch higher level we could ever provide him with !!!!

anyway, maybe were sort of missing the point with pym, the fact that he coped with being thrown in at the deep end at club and international level is what clubs will be looking at hopefully anyway, cos arguably if there looking at current form,, then taken that he's dropped,, we are & hims pretty much ****ed!! but seriouly rhat he's not the finished arti cle wont be the issue .
but tbh the more i think about it the more i reckon he's leaving and its a done deal. Think bac to jonesy, dropped and artur given a go once he said he wasnt re signing, A K, same , dropped & pym given a go once he wasnt re signing, This time any diferent ? maybe,,,, but i dont think so.

On the up

nah he's a top keeper soon to play at amuch higher level we could ever provide him with !!!!

anyway, maybe were sort of missing the point with pym, the fact that he coped with being thrown in at the deep end at club and international level is what clubs will be looking at hopefully anyway, cos arguably if there looking at current form,, then taken that he's dropped,, we are & hims pretty much ****ed!! but seriouly rhat he's not the finished arti cle wont be the issue .
but tbh the more i think about it the more i reckon he's leaving and its a done deal. Think bac to jonesy, dropped and artur given a go once he said he wasnt re signing, A K, same , dropped & pym given a go once he wasnt re signing, This time any diferent ? maybe,,,, but i dont think so.
Said it before. If indeed he does go, it gives him and us an opportunity to improve. Christy gets the upward move he seems to want and we can then bring in an experienced dominant keeper to help our push into division one. Hamon moves back to cover but with league experience under his belt. Just seems like everyone wins with this scenario.

JRFowler

If Pym is a done deal for January do u think we will actually replace him? Is hamon the Only squad goalie then?