• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Christian Doidge

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Definitely like the sound of this one. A big advance on Nouble imo. If he's healthy and fit, as others have said, 31 is no barrier and he's not 32 til August. Curo has already been mentioned and Podge Amond was 32 when he came to us on loan. Different level, but Jamie Vardy has just turned 37. 31-32 is not a no-no at this level.

Grecianman135

We didn't pay a fee for Curo though. As much as I really want to see us sign a striker, should we really be paying fees for 32 year olds when we're not going to be able to recoup anything?
I get your point but we can't keep thinking about ROI when our league one position is at stake which will undoubtedly produce more return on investment than Doidge anyway IMO.

The club need to take a gamble once in a while just like any business they can't sit on their hands anymore waiting around waiting for the right characters,and money excuse if there's a player of his calibre available and there's money there we should absolutely push the boat out to make it happen,as staying in League One,will give us a lot more in the long run compared to penny pinching down in League Two.

andrew p long

I mentioned Doidge in the summer transfer thread (post 3796,Aug 24th) after seeing him on the bench for Hibs -v- Aston Villa in the Europa Conference League and there were a few comments/thoughts.

Max was quite keen calling it 'a decent realistic shout'

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I mentioned Doidge in the summer transfer thread (post 3796,Aug 24th) after seeing him on the bench for Hibs -v- Aston Villa in the Europa Conference League and there were a few comments/thoughts.

Max was quite keen calling it 'a decent realistic shout'
Yep, I think I also said similar about Doidge. He just seemed a likely target, considering GC will know of him at Hibs and that he’s got experience at this level.

I’d be pleased with him and hopefully we could also get a younger forward too who’s capable of playing across the front line.

Reactions: Ash

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Perfect signing if the money is sensible

manc grecian

The deluder

Seeing the open goal he missed at Killie yesterday. No.

grecIAN Harris

Seeing the open goal he missed at Killie yesterday. No.
Are we going to bin Sonny off for the chance he missed last Saturday against Cambridge that he really should have at least tested the keeper with or the chance he missed yesterday late on in the first half that would have had the game wrapped up and sealed at 3-0? :rolleyes:

larrywilkie

Are we going to bin Sonny off for the chance he missed last Saturday against Cambridge that he really should have at least tested the keeper with or the chance he missed yesterday late on in the first half that would have had the game wrapped up and sealed at 3-0? :rolleyes:
Pretty sure even our greats will have missed one like that at some point. Certainly wouldn't put me off him if he is available.