• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Chris Shephard

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
perhaps these kids , Nichols , Shephard , Frear and the like are out of there depth ?....
Like I was saying a few weeks ago after Nicholls and Shepherd impressed, we've gotta be patient with these kids and handle them with care. When you see senior pros underperforming, then bring on some kids who do the business, its tempting to think they are the immediate answer... They'll have their ups and downs to begin with... who knows whether they'll kick on or fade away? Only time will tell. I'd like to see Tis ease them in carefully, which I think he is doing. They'll have their good days and their bad days. Fingers crossed they'll all mature into the real deal.

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
Fingers crossed they'll all mature into the real deal.
Unfortunately we don't have time to be patient. Carry on as we have been next 8 games and we'll be firmly rooted towards the foot of the table. Football is unforgiving.

GrecianWonder

Flipping heck one bad game from them both and they should be in the reserves!? if we did that with everyone in our team our reserves would have won the league (when we were in it)!

Like I was saying a few weeks ago after Nicholls and Shepherd impressed, we've gotta be patient with these kids and handle them with care. When you see senior pros underperforming, then bring on some kids who do the business, its tempting to think they are the immediate answer... They'll have their ups and downs to begin with... who knows whether they'll kick on or fade away? Only time will tell. I'd like to see Tis ease them in carefully, which I think he is doing. They'll have their good days and their bad days. Fingers crossed they'll all mature into the real deal.
Bit patronising to call a 21 year old a kid?! Have you ever considered to yourself that maybe he just isn't good enough?

Shep is a home grown player.
So?! Why does it matter? It has no bearing on his performance.

budegrecian

This is very true. Think back to players like Deanno, George Friend, Mackie & Danny Seaborne; they were all in & out of the side for a couple of seasons before they rightly established themselves as regular starters.

MyNameIsJonah

Wow ! that made some interesting reading ...
Ive known Sheps for the last 20 years ... even when he was a tacker he would be kicking a ball around the front room lol
when he started junior football he played for pinhoe and brixington blues then he joined city as a youth,

the lads feet are firmly on the ground, thats down to his family up bringing, what he lacks in height he will make up in skill and determination, yes he played in the reserves and also went on loan to sailsbury. I think he got MOTM about 6 times out of 8 games (approx)

for those who think he will give nothing to the team..well ! you are entitled to your opinion..as you say
but I have every confidence that sheps will more than prove himself..he is a team player, he is loyal..
and he gives 110% to his football, and yes, I was one of his sponsors through his youth at city..

I now look forward seeing chris grow within the team and wish him luck..I know he will put the work in that is needed

jasp
well said that man

ECFCHUNTY

hey im entitled to my opinion, if after 20 games he is turning up trees remind me what i said and i will eat humble pie.however i dont think he will be somehow
so the answer to our problems isnt getting in the team? so i wont eat the pie unless its a hairy 1

Exehausted

I think going back to just 5 subs has hit the likes of Shep, Nichols and Bennett. I know clubs have said that they struggled to fill the bench sometimes but I firmly believe that the extra two spaces could be exclusively for youngsters and a fourth sub allowed if it is from one of these two. The only way to develope first team players is to play them in the first team.

Willy Nilly

I think going back to just 5 subs has hit the likes of Shep, Nichols and Bennett. I know clubs have said that they struggled to fill the bench sometimes but I firmly believe that the extra two spaces could be exclusively for youngsters and a fourth sub allowed if it is from one of these two. The only way to develope first team players is to play them in the first team.
Agreed. It seems a shame.