• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Chris Shephard

jambo

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've always enjoyed watching Shep play in the reserves - but I wondered if he'd be able to make the step up (not least because of his size). However, I also always got the impression that Tis regarded him pretty highly...

With all the usual caveats about pre-season friendlies, etc...

I reckon Shep looks the most improved player in the squad. From looking like a kid (although a very talented one) in the ressies, even last season, he's made the step-up, & now looks totally at home in the senior team. He has been excellent whilst playing in the centre of midfield - his passing is very good - & today he showed he's lost none of his ability to open up defences on the wing.

It'll be tough for him to break into what looks like it might be quite a strong team this season - but I wouldn't be surprised to see the lad getting a few substitute appearances.

And I think he'll do just fine.

Cheggers

Tis agrees with you as well. Post match interview had him praising Shep and Sercs.

I've always enjoyed watching Shep play in the reserves - but I wondered if he'd be able to make the step up (not least because of his size). However, I also always got the impression that Tis regarded him pretty highly...

With all the usual caveats about pre-season friendlies, etc...

I reckon Shep looks the most improved player in the squad. From looking like a kid (although a very talented one) in the ressies, even last season, he's made the step-up, & now looks totally at home in the senior team. He has been excellent whilst playing in the centre of midfield - his passing is very good - & today he showed he's lost none of his ability to open up defences on the wing.

It'll be tough for him to break into what looks like it might be quite a strong team this season - but I wouldn't be surprised to see the lad getting a few substitute appearances.

And I think he'll do just fine.

Oli

Very well known Exeweb poster
Never seen him play (that I can remember). Glad to hear a good prediction. Guess he will need someone to leave. Has he been out on loan?

happygrecian

Looked very quick this afternoon, and didn't give up on anything. First time Ive seen him play, and quite impressed.

If he's smart enough his size will not be a disadvantage.

Cheggers

Reminded me of Paul Scholes, but Shep tackles better lol.

Looked very quick this afternoon, and didn't give up on anything. First time Ive seen him play, and quite impressed.

If he's smart enough his size will not be a disadvantage.

Swanaldo

Shep's been on the books for a while, and for some reason I've always thought he was one to keep hold of. Tenacity, pace and vision would seem to be his strong points, never did Zola any harm.....

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Tis agrees with you as well. Post match interview had him praising Shep and Sercs.
Anywhere I can hear / read this???

Cheggers

He was being interviewed by Echo and Western Morning News.

Anywhere I can hear / read this???

Joshyd123

His cheeky ball through to Cureton towards the end of the game was sublime. Edge of the box, in between two defenders and into Cureton's path that he should have done better with.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Many thanks Cheggars...