• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Chris Shephard

Ian Tarr

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, you could say whoever it was is being proved right on current form.
Form is transient, class is permanent.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Form is transient, class is permanent.
Too true. Lets just hope he has the class required. Been a while since it's been on show.

Willy Nilly

As a young lad and a product of our youth system, I find it really sad that people are slating Sheps. As Ian says, let's get behind the lad.

Leyster

another unproductive performance last night and a terrible penalty to finish it off, the shephard for england song is a joke, look he has potential no doubt but he is nowhere near as good as a lot of you think he is, maybe its to do with he is one of our own etc

Willy Nilly

Or maybe the fact that he's played a handful of games for the first team?

Give him a chance. It took a good few months for us to get anywhere near seeing the best of Harley and look what happened there.

Last edited:

Herschel

RIP Stanno, City Legend never to be forgotten

Give him a chance. It took a good few months for us to get anywhere near seeing the best of Harley and look what happened there.
Or Mackie.

He was an abject disappointment (albeit full of running and commitment) for a good while until he suddenly hit form...........

Leyster

i can remember one of his first games at york and said what a great player he would be there
The difference is that sheps when going forward on the break either passes it out wide poorly and slows the attack down, passes the ball outwide when there is a huge gap infront of him were he should be running and having a shot, or mis controlls the ball and the other team regain possession harley although maybe as weak in a tackle as sheps did not make these mistakes

scottus86

He isn't a bad player at all, unfortunaley due to our injuries he has been thrown in the deepend, once Sercombe, Noble and Dunne are fit and free to play in the middle, Sheps will be on the bench, and brought on with 25 minutes left to bring on some energy and urgency when the other team is getting tired, he quick and a tricky player for them to mark, give hime a year or two and we'll probably be singing his praises.

Sparky

another unproductive performance last night and a terrible penalty to finish it off, the shephard for england song is a joke, look he has potential no doubt but he is nowhere near as good as a lot of you think he is, maybe its to do with he is one of our own etc
I think you should apply for the Exeter job as you think you now it all. I forgot who set up Nichols against Chesterfield? That's right.
He has very good technical ability albeit he is a bit small, he will grow in confidence and start pinging the ball around the park like scholes.

ecfcwoody2009

Prats like you leyster do make me laugh! you make me wander do you ever go to the games or have you just no football knowledge??

Sheps has played only a handful of first team games, and has not put a foot wrong! The lad is 21 years old, he is not going to pick the ball up in his own half run the length of the pitch beating every player then dink the keeper! He is listening to instructions from tis, and in the long run this will make him a better player who will play at a higher level!

He is city through and through so get behind him rather than slatting him!!