• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Chippenham Town v Exeter City XI Matchday Thread

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
Also thought that Matt Grimes played well.

Pobbop

Also thought that Matt Grimes played well.
What about Jagger Cane, I rate both highly from what I'#ve seen, really look to be neat mid-fieldersw who can keep the ball, and be creative.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bet Stroudy is livid for missing this one. Perhaps we will get a review of his evening in front of the telly...

Surprised to see that first team players were included, but glad that they shone. Matt Jay seeems like the next one to keep an eye out for from the youth. That is at least something positive to take into 13/14.

Horrible,sloping bumpy,uneven pitch made it hard going.As has been said fitness & quality shone in the end.What I noticed most was that there seem to be some decent,big lads coming through who may be able to cope with lower league rough & tumble.

StroudGrecian

Bet Stroudy is livid for missing this one. Perhaps we will get a review of his evening in front of the telly...

Surprised to see that first team players were included, but glad that they shone. Matt Jay seeems like the next one to keep an eye out for from the youth. That is at least something positive to take into 13/14.
Grrrrr! :mad: Why did I let Sidey curb my enthusiasm?

It was at this fixture 2 years ago that Jake Gosling really caught my eye, slightly disappointed that he's still involved in this type of match, but as somone said above if he's had a poor pre-season then this might be just the tonic.

woody

it's a pleasure to have any city team come to Chippenham again, 3 halfs, 3 refs and 8 goals, who needs SKY

andrew p long

Well done to the youngsters, but would expect chippweb is in meltdown this morning.
Brilliant.LOL!

Banksy

Just back. Very confusing to start as none of the numbers in the programme matched up to the programme. Hey ho!

Christie Pym was very assured in goal. Confident catching and very good distribution. I have no qualms about him as a number 2. Gosling and Keohane were a class above and should start on Saturday.

Matt Jay is some player. Busy in midfield and very cool in front of goal. Took his chances well. He is surely the next one to watch.

As I said after the game last year, Chamberlain is no centre forward....and he still isnt. And God help us if we have to rely on Tom Nichols as an attacking option.

But a good run out for the lads and fitness and skill told in the end.
What's the betting they won't and it will be the same old cautious Tisdale approach with Davies and Co.